[eccr] Doctoral studies in media management and economics

Tue Feb 17 08:05:34 GMT 2004

>The Media Management and Transformation Centre at Jönköping International
>Business School, Sweden, is accepting applications for doctoral studies in
>media management and economics.
>Below is the announcement. Please share it with interested parties.

+++

Are you interested in an international research career within Media
Economics and Management?

Then take the challenge and apply for a position at our Media Management
and Transformation Centre (MMTC)at Jönköping International Business School.
The international research centre is focusing its research on the role
media management and transformation play in today s world particularly
within Europe. The Centre is led by Professor Robert G. Picard and
Professor Karl Erik Gustafsson, leading scholars worldwide on mass media
economy.

MMTC is seeking a doctoral candidate from August 15, 2004 to undertake
doctoral studies focusing on managerial and economic issues faced by media
companies in the contemporary environment. Doctoral candidates will enroll
in a doctoral programme such as business administration, economics, or law
(media law)and carry out research projects and other activities in the
centre. Candidates must have previous studies in economics, management, or
law and studies or work in media.

As a doctoral candidate JIBS offers you full-time employment, where at
least 70 %of your time is devoted to your doctoral studies. You will also
have the opportunity to pursue part of your education abroad.

For more information about qualification requirements please visit our web
site www.jibs.se. For more information about the post, please contact
Robert Picard +46 (0)36 15 75 80. For general information about JIBS
doctoral programme please contact Susanne Hansson +46 (0)36 15 75 17.

Your application should include:
" A letter-of-intent explaining why you want to apply, what you expect from
the doctoral programme, and what your preliminary research interests are.
" CV and attested documents (transcript, diploma).
" A copy of your Bachelor s or Master s thesis.
" A personal description of yourself.

Deadline for applications:
Send your application by April 1, 2004 to:
Jönköping International Business School, Att. Minna Ryan-Ericsson, P. O.
Box 1026, SE-551 11 Jönköping.
SACO-union representative is Magnus Taube +46 (0)36 15 77 90 and TCO-union
representative is Kerstin Ståhl +46 (0)36 15 75 15.
www.jibs.se

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)