Archive for January 2003

[eccr] Fwd: Sharing Lectures and Presentations

Sat Jan 25 18:02:54 GMT 2003

>To:     Academics and Public Lecturers in the CI network
>From:   Warren Feek and Deborah Heimann [The CI] @ Warren Feek
><(wfeek /at/ comminit.com)>
>
>Many best wishes,
>
>The Communication Initiative, working with the Health Communication
>Partnership based at The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of
>Public Health/Center for Communication Programs, is seeking to provide
>Internet access to a broad range of academic lectures and public
>presentations on important communication for development topics. We are
>seeking your support and contribution!
>
>We are in the process of launching a web-based facility where educators,
>researchers and others in the academic and health communication community
>can share their lectures and public presentations with a wider audience of
>development communication practitioners. We have had considerable demand
>from the field for learning materials that provide thoughtful analyses on
>key development communication themes. As people who  provide many of these
>analyses in the form of lectures and public presentations to your students
>or peers,  we are seeking your support in responding to this demand.
>
>We are asking each member of the academic/lecturing community in the CI
>network to donate one lecture or public presentation for this section. As
>there are over 1,000 in the CI Drum Beat/Son de Tambora network, everyone
>donating a lecture/presentation would create a considerable resource.  The
>names and other details of those who 'donate' their work will be
>prominently displayed with contact information.  Once your
>lecture/presentation is ready to be made publicly available on the new web
>based facility, we will contact you to make sure that it is okay.
>
>If you are interested in participating, simply reply to this email and
>attach a lecture or public presentation that you would like to 'donate'
>(in any format, e.g., PowerPoint or Word document).  It can be on any
>theme related to communication. If you want to send more than one that
>would be excellent, but the request is for one lecture or presentation only.
>
>We very much look forward to your response.
>

>With many thanks,
>
>Warren Feek and
>Deborah Heimann
>The Communication Initiative

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.04
W1: http://www.vub.ac.be/SCOM/smit
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/