[eccr] Fwd: 2003IAMCR Conference (call for paper)

Fri Nov 29 10:40:05 GMT 2002

>clip_image0024.jpg   CALL FOR PAPER
>

>2003 IAMCR Conference
>
>Abstract Deadline: February 1, 2003
>

>IAMCR/AIERI/AIECS
>
>International Association for Media and Communication Research
>
>Association Internationale des Études et Recherches sur L¡¦Information et
>la Communication
>
>Asociación Internacional de Estudios en Comunicación Social
>

>Conference Website: <http://iamcr2003.org.tw/>http://iamcr2003.org.tw
>

>Basic Information:
>
>Conference Theme: Information Society and Glocalization: What¡¦s Next?
>
>Conference Dates: July 14-16, 2003
>
>Location: Taipei, TAIWAN
>
>Organizer: Shih Hsin University, Taiwan
>
>Assisted by Chinese Communication Society, Taiwan
>

>Dates and Deadlines:
>
>n            1 February, 2003: Deadline for Abstract
>
>  (Send Abstract Directly to Section Heads or via the Conference Website)
>
>n            31 March, 2003: Submission Results Announced
>
>n            10 April, 2003: Grant Application Deadline
>
>n            1 May, 2003: Early Registration Deadline
>
>n            1 June, 2003: Deadline for Hotel and Tour Bookings
>
>n            1 July, 2003: Full Paper Due
>
>n            4 July, 2003: Registration Deadline for the Late Period
>

>Submission Rules:
>
>n            Send abstract directly to Section Heads or via the conference
>website.
>
>n            Each participant can only submit one abstract, and accepted
>papers can only be presented in one section.
>

>Topic: Information Society and Glocalization: What¡¦s Next?
>

>Digital technology and information systems have greatly changed the facets
>of media and communication practices of our time. Interactions between the
>global and the local have led to new dynamics between communication
>development and social changes. The emergence of the digital revolution
>and the information society has led to a need to re-examine the existing
>media and communication theories. How will this new form of global/local
>interactions and dynamics develop? What¡¦s the next trajectory of its
>development? What dimensions of study could contribute to the
>understanding of the future development of the information society? These
>questions are intertwined with the concept of ¡§Glocalization¡¨ and can be
>explored from many aspects in media and communication research.
>

>IAMCR Section Information:
><http://www.humfak.auc.dk/iamcr/>http://www.humfak.auc.dk/iamcr/
>
>Section Title
>
>Section Heads
>
>E-mail Address
>
>Audience and Reception Studies
>
>Tony Wilson
>
>(Tonywilson /at/ ayhoo.com)
>
>Umi Khattab
>
>(Umitab /at/ ayhoo.co.uk)
>
>Community Communication
>
>Hopeton Dunn
>
>(Hdunn /at/ cwjamaica.com)
>
>Pascal Verhoest
>
>(p.verhoest /at/ stb.tno.nl)

> [...]

Carpentier Nico
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.04
Pleinlaan 2 - B-1050 Brussels
W1: http://www.vub.ac.be/SCOM/smit
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/
W3: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~jteurlin/Koccc.html

Attachment Converted: clip_image00241.jpg: 00000001,01e98349,00000000,00000000