Archive for March 2002

[eccr] UK starts new consultation on EU e-commerce directive

Thu Mar 14 23:58:13 GMT 2002

Title: UK starts new consultation on EU e-commerce directive
UK starts new consultation on EU e-commerce directive
The UK Department of Trade and Industry has started a consultation on
draft regulations to implement the European Union's e-Commerce
directive.

The consultation is to last eight weeks, with responses required in
early May. The department also held an earlier consultation to address
the UK's approach to implementing the directive. The UK's Treasury is
also holding a consultation on the draft regulations for the financial
services sector.

"It is vital that we create strong foundations on which to continue to
build a successful new economy," said e-Commerce Minister Douglas
Alexander. "We need to get the legal framework right." The EU e-commerce
directive was agreed in June 2000. It includes requirements on the
information an online service provider must give a consumer and the
national law that will apply to online services.

Source: http://www.europemedia.net/shownews.asp?ArticleID=9244 - Europemedia