Archive for publications, September 2021

[Commlist] The journal Global Media and China published the latest issue—September 2021

Thu Sep 09 12:10:44 GMT 2021

We are pleased to announce that our journal Global Media and China has just published its latest issue (Volume 6, Issue 3, September 2021).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:

https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current <https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current>

*Special Section: Anthropology, Visual Communication and the Smartphone *

*Guest Editors: Daniel Miller and Xinyuan Wang*

**

**

*Special Issue Articles*

**

*Introduction: Smartphone-based visual normativity: Approaches from digital anthropology and communication studies *

*/Daniel Miller and Xinyuan Wang/*

**

*Smartphone photography and its socio-economic life in China: An ethnographic analysis *

*/Yunchang Yang/*

**

*The media image of Chinese older people: From stigmatic stereotype to diverse self-representation *

*/Kun Li/*

**

*Performing healthy ageing through images: From broadcasting to silence *

*/Mar/**/i/**/lia Duque/*

**

*Emotion work via digital visual communication: A comparative study between China and Japan *

*/Xinyuan Wang and Laura Haapio-Kirk/*

**

**

*Original Articles*

**

*The power of Bollywood: A study on opportunities, challenges, and audiences**’****perceptions of Indian cinema in China *

*/Yanyan Hong/*

**

*Uncovering the low-pro**fifi**le #MeToo movement: Towards a discursive politics of empowerment on Chinese social media *

*/Xiao Han/*

**

**

*Book Reviews*

*Florian Schneider, **China**’**s Digital Nationalism *

*/Jamie Coates/*

**

*Gagliardone, Iginio, **China, Africa, and the Future of the Internet *

*/Frankline Matanji/*

**

*Alvin Y. So and Yin-wah Chu, **The Global Rise of China *

*/James K Wong/*