Archive for publications, June 2008

[ecrea] Models, Metamodels and Contemporary Media - Issue 12 of the Fibreculture Journal - online now

Thu Jun 05 07:12:24 GMT 2008

>Models, Metamodels and Contemporary Media -
>Issue 12 of the Fibreculture Journal - online now
>
>edited by Gary Genosko and Andrew Murphie
>
><http://journal.fibreculture.org/issue12/>http://journal.fibreculture.org/issue12/
>--
>
>Schizoanalysis as Metamodeling - Janell Watson
>
>Plastic Super Models: aesthetics, architecture
>and the model of emergence - Pia Ednie-Brown
>
>Regaining Weaver and Shannon - Gary Genosko
>
>On Transmission: A Metamethodological Analysis
>(after Régis Debray) - Steven Maras
>
>Toward An Ontology of Mutual Recursion: Models,
>Mind and Media - Mat Wall-Smith
>
>The Models and Politics of Mobile Media - Gerard Goggin
>
>Tag-elese or The Language of Tags - Jan Simons
>
>Who's Afraid of Technological Determinism?
>Another Look at Medium Theory - John Potts
>
>--
>"Take me to the operator, I want to ask some questions" - Barbara Morgenstern
>
>"Of course it is always possible to work oneself
>into a state of complete contentment with an
>ultimate irrationality" - Alfred North Whitehead
>
>"I thought I had reached port; but I seemed to
>be cast back again into the open sea" (Deleuze and Guattari, after Leibniz)
>
>Andrew Murphie - Associate Professor
>School of English, Media and Performing Arts,
>University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 2052
>Editor - The Fibreculture Journal
><<http://journal.fibreculture.org/>http://journal.fibreculture.org/
>web:
><http://andrew.murphie.googlepages.com/>http://andrew.murphie.googlepages.com/
>http://adventuresinjutland.wordpress.com/
><http://researchhub.cofa.unsw.edu.au/ccap/>http://researchhub.cofa.unsw.edu.au/ccap/
>http://www.last.fm/user/andersand/
>fax:612 93856812 tlf:612 93855548 email:
><mailto:(a.murphie /at/ unsw.edu.au)>(a.murphie /at/ unsw.edu.au)
>room 311H, Webster Building

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/