Archive for publications, February 2008

[ecrea] Portal special issue on Italian cultural studies

Fri Feb 08 06:33:47 GMT 2008

Dear All

>>I circulated this CFO on various lists but I am
>>a little concerned that I am receiving EOIs
>>only from the usual suspects. I would really
>>appreciate if you could circulate on cultural
>>studies lists in your area, as I think voices
>>from other places would make the issue much more interesting.
>>
>>Thank you very much
>>
>>Ilaria
>>

>>Portal, Journal of Multidisciplinary
>>International Studies, special issue: Italian
>>cultures: writing Italian cultural studies in the world.
>>
>>Portal, Journal of Multidisciplinary
>>International Studies is seeking articles for a
>>special issue on Italian cultural studies. It
>>aims at updating existing scholarship and
>>scoping the proliferation of interests in this
>>growing field. It recognizes that cultural
>>studies practitioners write multiple Italies
>>within Italy itself and from provincialized
>>Italies, with a perspective that is both global
>>and informed by specific local knowledge.
>>
>>In particular we seek articles that map how
>>processes of social change and identification
>>are negotiated, imagined, explored and
>>contested in relation to the following (but not exclusively) themes:
>>

>>·  Belonging
>>
>>·  Body
>>
>>·  Cinema
>>
>>·  Consumption
>>
>>·  Design
>>
>>·  Digital cultures
>>
>>·  Everyday
>>
>>·  Fashion
>>
>>·  Food
>>
>>·  Language
>>
>>·  Media (new and old)
>>
>>·  New writing
>>
>>·  Place
>>
>>·  Sport
>>
>>·  Visual cultures
>>
>>Portal has built into its editorial protocols a
>>commitment to facilitating dialogue between
>>international studies practitioners working
>>anywhere in the world, and not simply or
>>exclusively in the North, the West or the
>>First World. The journals commitment to
>>fashioning a genuinely international studies
>>rubric is also reflected in our willingness to
>>publish critical and creative work in English
>>as well as in a number of other languages:
>>Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese, Croatian, French,
>>German, Italian, Japanese, Serbian, and Spanish.
>>Portal provides open access to all of it
>>content on the principle that making research
>>freely available to the public supports a
>>greater global exchange of knowledge.
>>If are interested in submitting a paper please
>>read the Authors guidelines and information
>>about the submission process Portals homepage,
>><http://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/ojs/index.php/portal>http://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/ojs/index.php/portal.
>>
>>Deadline: 15 March 2008. Contact: (ilaria.vanni /at/ uts.edu.au)
>>

>>Portal, Journal of Multidisciplinary
>>International Studies, numero speciale:
>>Italian cultures: writing Italian cultural studies in the world.
>>
>>Portal, Journal of Multidisciplinary
>>International Studies sta raccogliendo articoli
> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
----------------------------
NEW BOOKS OUT
Understanding Alternative Media
by Olga Bailey, Bart Cammaerts, Nico Carpentier
(December 2007)
http://mcgraw-hill.co.uk/html/0335222102.html
Participation and Media Production. Critical Reflections on Content Creation.
Edited by Nico Carpentier and Benjamin De Cleen
(January 2008)
<http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm>http://www.c-s-p.org/Flyers/Participation-and-Media-Production--Critical-Reflections-on-Content-Creation1-84718-453-7.htm

ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/