Archive for calls, October 2024

[Commlist] Call for Proposals: #IFM2025 Resonances Conference

Mon Oct 21 14:34:42 GMT 2024

CALL FOR PROPOSALS:

#IFM2025 Resonances Conference
June 10-13, 2025, via Zoom

The 7th Interactive Film and Media Annual Conference invites you to engage with the theme "Resonances," exploring how media fosters deep, meaningful connections in our daily lives. This year’s conference delves into how personal and communal experiences shape our interactions and understanding of the world. We encourage submissions that critically engage with the theme and its subtopics, including:

Response: How do we form thoughtful responses to crises in an unstable world? Resilience: How can media practices adapt and resist in the face of 21st-century challenges? Solidarities: What strategies can build solidarities across social differences to challenge dominant narratives? Collective: How can collective actions and media practices deepen shared experiences and foster alternative futures?

We welcome proposals for papers, research-creation projects, and new book presentations from academics, artists, filmmakers, and media practitioners.

Submission Details:

Papers: Submit a 500-word abstract outlining your research objectives, methodology, and hypotheses. Research-Creation Projects: Provide a description, research objectives, and theoretical framework. New Books: Showcase your latest publication and participate in a dynamic discussion on the writing and publishing process.

The conference promotes inclusivity and equity, with no fees for participation or publication.

Submission Deadline: November 25th, 2024
Submit Proposals: For details and submission forms, please visit our website at https://journals.library.torontomu.ca/index.php/InteractiveFilmMedia/CFP <https://journals.library.torontomu.ca/index.php/InteractiveFilmMedia/CFP>