Archive for calls, October 2024

[Commlist] Call for Co-Editors: International Journal of Disney Studies 📢

Fri Oct 18 19:10:25 GMT 2024

International Journal of Disney Studies Call for New Co-Editors 📢

View the full call here>>

https://www.intellectbooks.com/ijds#call-for-papers <https://www.intellectbooks.com/ijds#call-for-papers>

The International Journal of Disney Studiesis looking for new co-editors! IJDS examines the Walt Disney Company, an international media conglomerate that impacts our global culture. This international, peer-reviewed journal draws from a variety of academic and industrial lenses, perspectives, methods and fields, while providing a space for scholars to present new research, review current research and comment on wider Disney commodities. IJDS currently publishes two issues a year (with issues due to the publisher approximately in March and September) with a special issue every other year (for more information, see our webpage: https://www.intellectbooks.com/ijds <https://www.intellectbooks.com/ijds>). Join current co-editor Rebecca Rowe and the rest of our associate editor team to help IJDSkeep moving forward!

Co-editor responsibilities include (and can take 2-10 hours a week):

  *

    Timely and professional communication with contributors during
    different stages of the publishing process, including but not
    limited to legal document signing, editing and proofreading;

  *

    Coordinating peer reviews for all submissions, including recruiting
    subject matter experts as peer reviewers;

  *

    Recruitment and training of members of the editorial team and board;

  *

    Preparing and implementing a style guide specific to the study of
    Disney across many disciplines and countries;

  *

    Soliciting contributions (articles, book reviews, and commentaries)
    and special issues, including reaching out to organizations and/or
    specific authors;

  *

    Relaying communication between the publisher (Intellect), the
    editorial team and board, and contributors;

  *

    Delegating additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.

Financial compensation: co-editors split 10% of the royalty based on Intellect’s net receipts from sales of the journal.

We are recruiting two new co-editors who will serve for three years, with an option for renewal. We are looking for:

  *

    Ideally, one person from within our current editorial team or board
    who already knows how the journal works and one person currently
    unassociated with the journal who can bring new ideas and
    perspectives to the journal.

  *

    We hope to hear from scholars from a variety of perspectives,
    positionalities, and backgrounds in order to reflect the global,
    multivocal engagement with the journal’s stated scope. We are
    especially looking to support leadership opportunities from
    historically institutionally marginalized scholars.

  *

    People with a terminal graduate degree in their field (e.g., PhD,
    EdD, MLS, MBA, MFA, etc.), preferably with previous experience with
    journal management/editorship. We do not require that you be in a
    tenure-track position nor even directly involved with academia as
    long as you regularly engage with research.

  *

    People who are:

        Motivated, detail-oriented, and organized with experience with
        the moving parts of publication flows;

        Strong and compassionate in their verbal and written
        communication skills in English (preferably in the professional
        context of editing for a peer-reviewed journal or academic book)
        and dealing with scholars, co-editors, and publishers;

        Experienced with team management and working in collaborative
        settings across languages and time zones;

        Effective at offering constructive (positive and helpful)
        feedback to writing projects and at suggesting informed
        workarounds or concrete alternatives during the revision process;

        Knowledgeable about Disney (you don’t have to know everything,
        but a basic understanding helps in the editing process);

        Practiced in interdisciplinary approaches to cinema and media
        studies, popular culture studies, and reception, including
        literacy and fan studies, along with awareness of globally
        situated scholarship and methodologies.

Selection Process:

  *

    While we will continue accepting applications until the positions
    are filled, we will begin reviewing applications 1 December. If you
    are interested, email the following materials (or any questions) to
    (IJoDS /at/ intellectbooks.com) <mailto:(IJoDS /at/ intellectbooks.com)>with the
    subject heading “IJDS Co-Editor Application”:

        1-page single-spaced cover letter explaining what skills,
        knowledge, and experience you hope to bring to the editorial team

        Curriculum Vitae or resume

  *

    December: finalists will be notified and interviews will be
    scheduled for December/January with Rebecca, an associate editor,
    and a representative from the publisher

  *

    Late January: decision will be communicated