Archive for calls, October 2022

[Commlist] BBC Radio 1922-2022: Navigating the waves of change [Conference news]

Sun Oct 16 17:36:07 GMT 2022

The MeCCSA Radio Studies Network invites you to join us in person at our one-day conference marking the BBC’s centenary at the University of Bedfordshire, Luton, on Saturday 26th November. As well as our Keynotes, Professor David Hendy and Dr Gurvinder Aujla-Sidhu, we are delighted to list some esteemed colleagues amongst the presenters such as: Rosemary Day, Tim Crook, David Dunkley Gyimah, Kate Lacey, Anne F. MacLennan, Tim Wall, and Kate Williams. We’re pleased also to have a special panel, ‘The Archers and its fans’ from the Academic Archers network as well as a talk on podcasting with Kim Fox and Richard Berry sponsored by Nottingham Trent University.

Our panel themes cover political cultures of radio journalism; public service broadcasting; creative features, entertainment and popular culture; technologies; diversity and inclusivity. Many of our delegates have published books about the BBC and radio broadcasting recently, so we hope to have discount codes available with author signing opportunities. Tickets are now available on Eventbrite and the cost includes refreshments and lunch. Just use this link in your search bar: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bbc-radio-1922-2022-navigating-the-waves-of-change-tickets-396992454117

Delegate full-day attendance £40 (Student tickets are available at £25)