[Commlist] Call for papers Political Economy of Communication

Thu Aug 20 20:52:36 GMT 2020

/From the Editors of the Political Economy of Communication journal: /

The Political Economy Section of the IAMCR has a dedicated section journal The Political Economy of Communication www.polecom.org <http://www.polecom.org>

This is a ‘diamond’ open access publication which is free to access and free to contributing authors whose work is published.

We are encouraging IAMCR members, especially those in the Political Economy section, to contribute to the forthcoming issues of the journal.  Due to the Covid-29 disruption we are adjusting the deadlines we sent out earlier:

*There are two options for publication: *

Full articles of 5000-12,000 words are double-blind reviewed. Any topic dealing with the political economy of communication and media is welcome.

Commentary pieces of 2000-4000 words are edited (but not blind reviewed). These are normally expected to be on topical issues, but given that there was no full IAMCR conference this year we are happy to consider short pieces based on your 2020 abstracts.

  * *Issue 8.1* is now planned. (publication expected mid-September 2020)
  * *Issue 8.2 *(expected end of 2020) is still open and we are
    extending the deadline for full articles and commentary pieces until
    *12 October 2020. *

  * *Issue 9.1* (expected mid-2021) will be a special issue focusing on
    political economy of communication issues related to the Covid-19
    pandemic (e.g., the economic impact of lockdown measures on
    advertising and the media ecology in different countries, or the way
    political and economic factors have shaped media coverage and policy
    commentary pieces on this by *January 31 2021*.[of course, if you
    have a Covid-19 commentary or article ready to go before then you
    don’t need to wait till issue 9.1!)

*Author guidelines are here:* https://www.polecom.org/AuthorGuidelines.pdf

To make a submission or if you have any questions please contact (wayne.hope /at/ aut.ac.nz) <mailto:(wayne.hope /at/ aut.ac.nz)> and/or (peter.thompson /at/ vuw.ac.nz) <mailto:(peter.thompson /at/ vuw.ac.nz)>