[Commlist] MEDCOM2020 conference

Mon Apr 06 07:22:24 GMT 2020

After the emergency following Covid-19, which seriously affected many countries, we decided for the safety and serenity of all of participants to postpone the MEDCOM conference until the end of October (29-31 October 2020) on the beautiful University of Cagliari campus in Sardinia, Italy, under the theme Communication and Cultural Change.

As a consequence, also the other deadlines have been delayed:

.         31st May: delivering of revised abstracts

.         31st May: early bird payment deadline

.         30th September: delivering of ppt for Virtual Presentation

. 30th December: delivering of full paper for proceedings and special issues of journals

Those who have already registered for the conference will only have to make the payment.

In light of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the interest of scientific and professional community in communication related to this issue, we decided to open a new call for paper for an OPEN FORUM ON COVID-19. We invite scholars and experts to submit their abstracts. MEDCOM2020 conference had to be delayed until the end of October and we want to be an appointment to discuss about what happened in the different part of the world as for the communication of the pandemic, the emergence, the good practices, end so on and so forth. To this aim, we are opening a new call for abstracts devoted to covid’19 communication: we encourage proposals from all the 10 panel perspectives.

List of Research topics:
01. Social Media: Impact, Future, Issues
02. Theory of Communication, Languages and Media
03. Public Sector Communication
04. Politics, Platforms and Participation
05. Health Communication, Emergency and Environmental Studies
06. Journalism
07. Multiculturalism, Cultural Studies, Religion, Youth and Gender
Communication
08. Media Education
09. Media and Corporate Communication
10. Screen Cultures