[Commlist] CADAAD 2020 - Conference for Critical Approaches to,Discourse Analysis across Disciplines

Thu Nov 28 13:32:40 GMT 2019

*Conference*
CADAAD 2020

*Important dates*
Date: 6/07/2020 - 10/07/2020
Registration deadline: 1/04/2020
Call for papers ending on: 5/12/2019

*Place*
GB, Huddersfield

*Organizer*
Institution: University of Huddersfield
Contact person: Lesley Jeffries
Contact person email address: (cadaad2020 /at/ hud.ac.uk) [1]

*Associated media*
https://2020cadaad.wordpress.com/ [2]

*Content*
We are pleased to announce that the 8th Conference for Critical Approaches to
Discourse Analysis across Disciplines (CADAAD) will take place from 7-9 July
2020 and will be hosted by the University of Huddersfield, UK. There will be
a one-day pre-conference workshop on critical stylistic and corpus approaches
to CDA on Monday 6 July and there will be a post-conference excursion
(see Social Programme [3]) on 10 July for those interested in joining us.

The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Reconciling rigour and context in
CDA’ and whilst we hope to receive abstracts across the usual wide range of
topics and approaches, we are asking participants to engage with this general
theme in the way that they present their research, both in the abstract and
the presentation itself.

CADAAD conferences promote current directions and new developments in
cross-disciplinary critical discourse research. We welcome papers which, from a critical-analytical perspective, deal with contemporary social, scientific,
political, economic, ecological or professional discourses and genres. We
especially welcome papers which (critically) re-examine existing frameworks
for critical discourse research as well as those that highlight and apply new
methodologies sourced from anywhere across the humanities, social and
cognitive sciences.