[Commlist] cfp: International Mobile Storytelling Congress (IMSC)

Sun Sep 01 21:03:13 GMT 2019

International Mobile Storytelling Congress (IMSC)
http://bit.ly/MINA2020IMSC
New conference & screening dates: 17-19 January 2020
Call for submission open till 30 September 2019
Venue:
New International Conference Centre & New Auditorium
University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Link:
https://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/internationalcommunications/conference/international-mobile-storytelling-congress.aspx
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), the Mobile Innovation Network & Association (MINA) and Mobile Studies International (MSI) collaborate to initiate an event for the world of mobile storytellers: International Mobile Storytelling Congress (IMSC). Consisting of workshops, a conference, and a smartphone film festival, the congress aims to promote mobile storytelling for effective communication in different areas ranging from community and civic engagement to new forms of storytelling, creativity and developments towards story making (Schleser and Berry 2018) and/or story-living (Google New Lab 2017). To be held on 17-19 January 2020 in Ningbo, China, IMSC focuses mobile, smartphone and pocket filmmaking, mobile innovation and mobile creativity. IMSC provides a forum for practitioners and scholars to showcase projects and discuss changes, challenges and chances of mobile storytelling. This call is interested in storytelling and its broad application in the digital world. We see narrative and non-narrative methods as innovation sandboxes to illuminate community engagement and creative transformation(s). We aim for a combination of theoretical and creative practice research explorations responding to and interacting with the opportunities and potential of emerging media and screen production. Presentations and showcases can include work-in-progress, project presentations, academic papers and conceptual provocations or pose questions at the intersection of storytelling and screen production. We welcome proposals for workshops to run in conjunction with the International Mobile Storytelling Congress (IMSC). Paper & project abstracts will be double blind peer reviewed. We accept video presentations but require presenters to join a Q&A session via Adobe Connect. Selected academic papers will be published as a volume (with the tentative title of Advances in Mobile Storytelling: Research and Practice co-edited by Schleser and Xu) of a book series of IGI Global while selected projects will be showcased by the 8th Mobile Innovation and Mobile Creativity Symposium and the 9th International Mobile, Pocket and Smartphone Film Screening & Festival. Abstract for Research Papers, Workshops, Project Presentations and/or Showcase
Submission Deadline: 30 September 2019
Please submit your academic paper abstracts (in APA style, at least 350 words are expected and a short biographical note 250 words)
We will inform you of the selection results by 1 November 2019
Submit via
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=imsc2020
For further information regarding the Mobile, Smartphone and Pocket Film & Cinematic VR, Research Paper, Workshops, Project Presentations and/or Showcase, please contact Dr Max Schleser via (mschleser /at/ swin.edu.au) | For further information regarding the academic papers, please contact Dr Xiaoge Xu via (xiaoge.xu /at/ nottingham.edu.cn)