[Commlist] Resources Bank of Good Practices & Teaching and Learning Resources from Advancing Gender Equality in Media Industries + 5-week (paced) course

Thu Aug 08 12:16:32 GMT 2019

A short note from the members of the Advancing Gender Equality in Media Industries - AGEMI project <https://www.agemi-eu.org/>. As some of you may know, the AGEMI team have been busy curating and developing a large set of teaching, learning and information resources which we hope will be of interest and use to anyone interested in exploring and better understanding the topic. We are now ready to invite you to explore the fruits of our endeavours.

*Check the AGEMI website <https://www.agemi-eu.org/> to discover*:

§Resources Bank of Good Practices <https://www.agemi-eu.org/mod/page/view.php?id=3>

§Teaching and Learning Resources <https://www.agemi-eu.org/mod/page/view.php?id=4>

§mobile APP <https://www.agemi-eu.org/mod/page/view.php?id=8> which is an easy-to-use tool to test the gender sensitivity of news stories and /will be available on Google Play at the end of August and the iOS app store by mid-September/

§GEMTalks <https://www.agemi-eu.org/mod/page/view.php?id=485>, a brilliant collection of interviews with journalists, gender and media experts, media managers, and more

§‘how-to-use-the-AGEMI-resources’ guide /which will be available on the website by the end of August/.

This is also an *invitation to collaborate *to make sure AGEMI has real impact from today onwards, and we need your help!

If you are aware of *good practices*to promote gender equality in and through the media and ICT, please fill in this Google form <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd4iAfYe17n9tc7iu7eeFapKovGN7FvZoK53YR5zuw4Fvf1jw/viewform> (it includes guideline for completion in English, French and Spanish).

If you want to suggest *organizations* or networks – such as civil society, media professionals, intergovernmental or multi-stakeholder - that are active in the field and deserve to appear on our GEMap, please go to this Google form <https://forms.gle/JR3hHepxC54iNSMfA> and insert the basic data required.

If you have *a good idea to share*for future academic/educational collaborations, please write to: (agemi.eu /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(agemi.eu /at/ gmail.com)>

Finally, if you are based in Europe or the Mediterranean region, we would like to bring an innovative learning opportunity to your attention: an *interactive open online course coordinated by *the Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange titled *‘Gender In/equality in Media and Journalism’ <https://sharingperspectivesfoundation.com/programme/gender-in-equality-in-media-and-journalism-2/>.*

This is a 5-week (paced) course, where participants engage with learning resources and expert content developed by *Advancing Gender Equality in Media Industries (AGEMI) <https://www.agemi-eu.org/>,*while getting the chance to exchange ideas and share perspectives with peers in online intercultural group sessions.

Participants gain a grounded understanding of different inequality and intersectional issues. They will also be doing a practice-based assignment creating a video- audio- or written report based on community interviews.  An *Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange digital badge <https://europa.eu/youth/erasmusvirtual/erasmus-virtual-exchange-badges_en>* is given to participants who successfully meet the *course requirements.*<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LLapx2Y8FOJfuDvJjI0PIvyPOw2ZPPHtDKeVSHiHg1E/edit#heading=h.5jgabfqdu1bb>

**

Registration is open until 1 September, 2019: note that participants need to be between 18 and 30 yrs.*