[Commlist] Fashion Communication: between tradition and future digital developments conference

Thu May 16 21:46:22 GMT 2019

we are glad to share with you the updates on the international conference in “Fashion Communication: between tradition and future digital developments" co-organized by the colleagues from from USI - Universita' della Svizzera italiana (Lugano, Switzerland), Sorbonne University (Paris, France),  and ISEM Fashion Business School, University of Novarra (Madrid, Spain).

The conference will happen in a beautiful location: Monte’ Verita (Ascona, Switzerland) at the end of July 2019.

We have secured a fantastic line-up of keynote speakers:

·Zhimin Chen, Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom: “Cultural Differences and Fashion Communication/Marketing”

·Dominique Jacomet, Institut Français de la Mode (IFM), France: “What are the challenges for the European industry of fashion?”

·Agnès Rocamora, London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London, United Kingdom: “Mediatization, Field Theory and Digital Fashion Media Logic”

·Thomaï Serdari, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, NYU, USA: “From catwalk to hypertalk and beyond: Fashion between the  ’I’ and the ’we’

·Jochen Strähle, Reutlingen University, Germany: “Fashion & Music”

The preliminary program of the event is out and we are finalizing the proceedings to be published by Springer.

We have still an open call for the poster presentations and the registration for the conference is open!

You can get all the details about the event here: https://digitalfashion.ch/factum19