[Commlist] Phish Studies conference at Oregon State

Tue Mar 12 22:55:13 GMT 2019

 From the organizer, OSU philosopher Stephanie Jenkins:

http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/phish2019/

Oregon State University is honored to host the first Phish Studies academic conference in Corvallis, Oregon on May 17-19, 2019. The conference will showcase research about the improvisational rock band Phish, as well as its fans and culture. A wide variety of disciplinary approaches will be represented, featuring scholars from across the country. Our time is near, the mission’s clear.

As one of the United States’ top ten land grant universities, Oregon State University is committed to excellence in research, teaching, and outreach. Additionally, as a GRAMMY Museum <https://www.grammymuseum.org/> university affiliate, OSU recognizes the cultural significance of music in our educational and research programs. By hosting the first Phish Studies conference, OSU continues to demonstrate our commitment to innovative scholarly work at the intersections of the humanities, arts, and live music communities. I am grateful to be surrounded by colleagues who are supportive of the developing interdisciplinary field of Phish Studies. I look forward to introducing you to them.

The conference Program Committee <http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/phish2019/team/> consists of scholars from around the country, representing seven different academic disciplines. This event has been a dream of ours for some time and we invite you to make it a reality through your participation.