[Commlist] Volume! CFP: experts and non-experts in popular music studies

Fri Mar 08 15:47:06 GMT 2019

Please find the latest information concerning /Volume ! /and our publications/events.

_*CALL FOR PAPERS: *_

*“Experts, non-experts and the participatory production of knowledge. The case of popular music”*
*
*
*Editors: Christophe Pirenne & Christophe Levaux (University of Liège, Belgium)*
*
*
*Deadline: *There are 2 successive deadlines, one for abstracts (early *April 2019*), one for full papers (*June 2019*).

See all details on our website:
*CFP* : _https://journals.openedition.org/volume/6370_

———

_*PUBLICATIONS*
_

*/Volume !/ n° 15-1, “Varia” issue <https://www.cairn-int.info/journal-volume-2018-2.htm>, December 2018*

with papers on italo-disco, Russian DIY, Ornette Coleman, Maggie Rogers’s “Alaska”…
Two interviews with David Novak and Simon Frith.
A dozen book reviews…

*Table of contents, introduction and book reviews freely downloadable on Cairn.info* and *RILM Abstracts* with Full Text :

_https://www.cairn-int.info/journal-volume-2018-2.htm_

Order the issue here**:http://www.lespressesdureel.com/ouvrage.php?id=7032&menu=2
or on our website : http://www.seteun.net/spip.php?article275

———

*Employment in popular music venues, September 2018*

The 4th issue of our collection of professional studies on the economy of the music industry.

A study carried out by the Fedelima (the French federation of popular music venues), the RIF (the popular music network in Ile-de-France) and Opale (a cultural ressource center).

*Download the study* here: https://journals.openedition.org/volume/5735#tocto2n1
*
*
*———*
*
*
**/*Vibrations. Musiques, médias, société*/* — **online* <http://www.persee.fr/collection/vibra>

*The collection is now completely digitized. *
*
*
http://www.persee.fr/collection/vibra <http://www.persee.fr/collection/vibra>

/Vibrations/ was the first popular music studies journal (1985-91), created by Antoine Hennion, Jean-Rémy Julien and Jean-Claude Klein, and dedicated issues to hybridization, organology, radio, film, live performance, teaching, rock music… We have digitized the entire collection, with the French online academic portal Persée.fr <http://pers%c3%a9e.fr/>

*
*
*———*
*
*

*_DISTRIBUTION_*

We are distributed in France by *les presses du réel* (from issue 7-1 on).
More info here: http://www.lespressesdureel.com/magazine.php?id=138&menu

*BUY & SUBSCRIBE*

We are an *independent journal*, and need your support! Subscribe! You can directly *order our journal by contacting us *((equipe /at/ seteun.net) <mailto:(equipe /at/ seteun.net)>), or via *PayPal here*: http://www.seteun.net/spip.php?article275.

For *institutional subscriptions, contact** EBSCO:* (volume /at/ fr.ebsco.com) <mailto:(volume /at/ fr.ebsco.com)>

More info here : http://volume.revues.org/1643