Archive for calls, May 2019

[Commlist] Games + Communication Ante-Conference

Wed May 15 15:55:37 GMT 2019

Title: Games + Communication Ante-Conference Friday May 24 in Washington, DC.

Body: ​

The Games + Communication Ante-Conference (sponsored by ICA Game Studies and the AU Game Lab, along with many others) is happening in just over a week!

We are excited to announce that our keynote speaker will be Mia Consalvo. She’ll be speaking about “Why Game Live Streaming Matters: An Examination of its Cultural, Social, Economic and Political Impacts (So Far).” You can find out more at our website https://icagamesanteconf.info/keynote/

In addition, we have a rich program involving everything from important keywords in game studies to emerging research, showcases, demos and even talks about how game design labs work in and across universities today. A little something for anyone interested in game studies and communications. We also have a great lunch and reception planned.

So, if you are attending ICA, we encourage you to register and come by. Register at https://icagamesanteconf.ticketleap.com/registration/

A shortened version of our program is below:

- 9:00 AM – 9:05 AM: Opening Remarks (Maxwell Foxman & Benjamin Stokes)

- 9:10 AM – 9:50 AM: Playing with Keywords: Provocations to Rethink Our Field

- 9:50 AM – 11:00 AM: Emerging Frontiers in Games + Communication

- 11:05 AM – 12:10 PM: University Studios Showcase

- 12:15 PM – 1:10 PM: An “Unconferenced” Lunch

- 1:10 PM – 1:50 PM: Dialogues about Methods that Break Play

- 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM: Keynote Speaker: Mia Consalvo (Concordia University)

- 3:15 PM – 5:30 PM: Games & Research Showcase and Reception​