Archive for calls, February 2018

[ecrea] PhD position at Oslo Metropolitan University: Call for applications

Tue Feb 20 17:14:42 GMT 2018

The position is part of a new research network on Gender, Education, Media and Development in Southern Africa at Oslo Met. The network's research goal is to collect data, analyse and publish on education-related practices as parts of wider socio-economic development processes and cultural dynamics in Southern Africa. The perspective can be described as a non-education-centric education approach.

We look for candidates who have interest and competence in some or all of these thematic areas. The academic approach must be from a social science perspective. The research must primarily be based on qualitative methods although combining such methods with quantitative methodology will be welcomed. The thematic framework is rather wide and we do not expect candidates to cover them all. Preferred disciplinary backgrounds are social anthropology, sociology, media studies, educational science and other social sciences, which have relevance for the research theme.

We welcome applicants who have a glowing research interest somewhere within the research network's framework, are dedicated to conducting fieldwork somewhere in Southern Africa and who can work independently with her/ his PhD thesis.

Application deadline March 14 2018.

For more information:
https://hioa.mynetworkglobal.com/en/what:job/jobID:191381/iframeEmbedded:0/where:4