Archive for calls, February 2018

[ecrea] Call for Book Proposals for Cultural Studies and Marxism

Wed Feb 14 22:56:18 GMT 2018

*CALL FOR BOOK PROPOSALS*

The Cultural Studies and Marxism series continues to seek robust book proposals at the intersection of Cultural Studies, Marxism, and Critical Political Economy.  If you would like to discuss a book idea or proposal, please contact me.    More information can also be found on the series website: https://www.rowmaninternational.com/our-publishing/series/cultural-studies-and-marxism/

*Cultural Studies and Marxism <https://www.rowmaninternational.com/our-publishing/series/cultural-studies-and-marxism/>*

*_Series Editor:_* Jaafar Aksikas <http://www.aksikas.org/>, Columbia College Chicago

The Cultural Studies and Marxism series is a timely and valuable contribution to the larger field of contemporary cultural studies. The global capitalist crisis of the twenty-first century has prompted renewed interest in critical political economy and Marxist theory. At the same time, publishing institutions committed to a robust articulation between cultural studies, critical political economy, and Marxism are almost non-existent. The series is dedicated to addressing this situation by highlighting and making available important (and emergent) scholarship at the intersection of these three fields.

The aim of the series is to publish important theoretical as well as empirical and historical contributions as the basis for vigorous intellectual debate and exchange among cultural studies practitioners and scholars. We are convinced that a project of this kind can make an important contribution to the revitalization and renewal of the politically committed intellectual project of cultural studies. As such, the series also promises to be a vital component of the struggle to produce useful knowledge that enables us to change the social world we live in and make it better and more humane.

The peer-reviewed series will publish original monographs and edited collections across the bounds of academic disciplinary agendas, and across the divisions and institutions of cultural studies. We are keen for the series to include as wide a range of voices, practices, formats, approaches, positions, and interests as possible, so while the ‘traditional’ scholarly monograph is welcomed, we would also encourage other formats, such as edited collections, treatises and manifestos.

The series also seeks to be a space where connections amongst Cultural Studies practitioners across generations and locations are formed. Because the alliances built by Cultural Studies practitioners in the U.S. and the global north are deeply shaped by the global south/Third World perspectives, the series will also be open to contributions from scholars and practitioners in and outside of the U.S., including those who may offer a transnational perspective on practicing Cultural Studies.

*_Editorial Review Board:_*
Walter Benn Michaels, University of Illinois, USA
Sarah Brouillette, Carleton University, Canada
Iain Chambers, The University of Naples “L’Orientale,” Italy
Douglas Kellner, UCLA, USA
Fredric Jameson, Duke University, USA
Ranjani Mazumdar, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India
Angela McRobbie, Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK
Toby Miller, University of California—Riverside, USA
Mathias Nilges, St. Francis Xavier University, USA
Adolph L. Reed, University of Pennsylvania
Paul Smith, George Mason University, USA
Carol Stabile, University of Oregon, USA
Imre Szeman, University of Alberta, Canada
Slavoj Žižek, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia

*_International Advisory Board_*
Wail Ismail A. Barry, Ain Shams University, Egypt
Barbara Foley, Rutgers University, USA
Ann Gunkel, Columbia College Chicago, USA
Don Hedrick, Kansas State University, USA
Darko Suvin, McGill University, Canada
Tiziana Terranova, The University of Naples “L’Orientale,” Italy
*
*
*Please send proposals to Jaafar Aksikas at BOTH ((Jaksikas /at/ colum.edu)) and ((Jaksikas /at/ gmail.com)) with the subject line ‘Cultural Studies and Marxism Book Proposal’*