Archive for calls, October 2017

[ecrea] Another Walk with Lefebvre - The Second Annual Conference of the INS

Sat Oct 21 15:04:57 GMT 2017

Another Walk with Lefebvre - The Second Annual Conference of the INS

Institute of Network Society
China Academy of Art
Hangzhou, China
11-12 Nov. 2017

Our collective celebration will bring together researchers from the U.K., Canada, Italy, France, Australia, Japan as well as China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. This year, we draw our critical impetus from one key thinker of modernity: Henri Lefebvre. Our aim is to rediscover his work through today’s urban and algorithmic mutations. Inspired by Lefebvre, our four panels will engage in the creative act of depicting and re-inventing urban space and everyday life:

1-Marxist Philosophy and Critical Methods
2-Today’s (Digital) Everyday
3-Urban Imagination and New Geographies
4-Global Algorithmic Production.

Like Lefebvre, our conference forms the (im)possible wish to invite everyone to transform their ways of experiencing and loving the world.

Confirmed Speakers include: Alfie Bown (Hang Seng Management College), Michael E. Gardiner (University of Western Ontario), Shin Mizukoshi (University of Tokyo), Ned Rossiter (Western Sydney University), Simona de Simoni (University of Cagliari), Lukasz Stanek (University of Manchester).

The detailed program is available at: http://caa-ins.org/walk-with-lefebvre-english

For those of you who cannot join us in Hangzhou next month, we will broadcast the conference through live-streaming. The link will be provided on the INS Website <http://caa-ins.org/> the day before the event.