Archive for calls, January 2016

[ecrea] Cinema Under Pressure (Images Journal) CFP

Mon Jan 04 16:21:19 GMT 2016

*CALL FOR PAPERS*

*CINEMA UNDER PRESSURE*

An ambition of exercising control over the public opinion has been one
of the inherent attributes of individuals, groups and institutions with
power to influence the content of big and small film productions. Not
only does this control manifest itself through the efforts to censor
artistic freedom or grant an official patronage, but also in a whole
range of political and non-political, as well as official and unofficial
pressures.

Inviting you to take part in the preparation of /IMAGES The
International Journal of European Film, Performing Arts and Audiovisual
Communication/new issue, we wish to offer our readers an opportunity to
consider how political, economic and social/cultural pressures shape the
10th Muse. As we learn from the rich existing bibliography on the
subject, since its very inception cinema has been under pressure from
forces that represent various formal and informal authorities’
interests. We’d like to encourage you now to contribute to this
narrative of cinematic pressure by discussing your research into some
new and not so obvious contexts. Our editors will consider both
theoretical/historical studies and more personal
practice/experience-based papers.

All submitted papers will be peer reviewed before final selection is made.

Please submit full papers (circa 4000-6000 words) by 30 January 2016:

(marekhendrykowski /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(marekhendrykowski /at/ gmail.com)>

(maciej.pietrzak /at/ amu.edu.pl) <mailto:(maciej.pietrzak /at/ amu.edu.pl)>

/Images: The International Journal of European Film, Performing Arts and
Audiovisual Communication/ is an academic journal. The first issue was
published in 2003.

Each issue is a monograph devoted to a selected subject representing an
important phenomenon from contemporary audiovisual culture. The articles
are mainly devoted to Polish and foreign cinema, mass media, photography
and popular culture.

The editorial advisory board of “Images” includes Polish and foreign
authors from the esteemed academic environment in Europe and USA. Texts
are published in English and other conference languages.

“Images” is published at the Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology
and the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań. Since 2011, the Polish
National Film School in Łódź (PWSFTviT) has been the co-producer of
“Images”.

*Online access to the full text of research articles (since 2009/2010)
in Adam Mickiewicz University Repository:
https://repozytorium.amu.edu.pl/jspui/handle/10593/1743*

*Online access to the full text of research articles (since 2014):
http://pressto.amu.edu.pl/index.php/i*

If you have any questions, please contact: (maciej.pietrzak /at/ amu.edu.pl)
<mailto:(maciej.pietrzak /at/ amu.edu.pl)>

www: http://filmoznawstwo.com/images-magazine/

Falmouth University <http://www.falmouth.ac.uk/> 	Follow us 	Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/falmouthuni> 	Twitter
<http://twitter.com/falmouthuni> 	Youtube