Archive for calls, January 2011

[ecrea] Critical Themes in Media Studies Graduate Student Conference Abstract Deadline Extended to Jan 31

Sat Jan 15 22:31:22 GMT 2011

Critical Themes in Media Studies

A Graduate Student Conference at The New School in New York

The graduate students of the Department of Media Studies and Film at
The New School are pleased to announce a call for papers and projects
to the 11th annual Critical Themes in Media Studies Conference, taking
place April 15-16, 2011 in New York City.

The New School was founded in 1919 as a pioneer of progressive
education. The Media Studies Department was founded in 1975 as the
first in the country, designed from its inception to be a home for both
theory and practice-based scholarship.

In the spirit of this tradition, this year we would like to encourage the
submission of traditional scholarly papers as well as multi-modal
research projects. We ask all applicants to be prepared to present their
work in a traditional academic format, but also individual panels may
encompass projects in a variety of configurations. Critical Themes in
Media Studies is not organized around a single theme. Instead,
we welcome work from across a wide range of topics related to media
theory. Panels will be formed around common areas of interest that
emerge from the works received.

Presenters are invited to submit project proposals that include but are
not limited to: papers, interactive installations, maps, walking tours,
performances, and so on. We will send notification in advance to all
presenters for whom we are able to accommodate any non-traditional
formats and provide technical services.

For general inquiries or further information, please contact:

For more information about past Critical Themes conferences, visit:

(criticalthemes /at/ gmail.com)

http://criticalthemes.net