Archive for calls, January 2011

[ecrea] 7th Conference of the Media Psychology Division - Call for Papers

Thu Jan 13 12:55:19 GMT 2011

The 7th Conference of the Media Psychology Division
(German Psychological Society)
August 10th and 11th, 2011
Jacobs University Bremen, Germany

Focus-Theme
?Cognitive and Emotional Involvement during Media Receptionâ??
Co-Hosted with StoryNet

The 7th Conference of the Media Psychology Division (German Psychological
Society) will take place on August 10 and 11, 2011 at Jacobs University Bremen, Germany, chaired by Prof. Dr. Margrit Schreier and Dr. ízen Odag. The division chairs as well as local chairs and the School of Humanities and Social Sciences
cordially invite you to Bremen.

Theme
The focus theme of the conference is ?Cognitive and emotional involvement
during media receptionâ??. By suggesting a focus theme we aim at
concentrating results, advancing theoretical development in this area and
fostering exchange with other subfields in psychology and with neighbouring
disciplines. Irrespective of the focus theme, contributions from all areas of media
psychology are welcome.

Cooperations
- StoryNet: We are pleased to announce that the upcoming 7th Conference
of the Media Psychology Division will be held in cooperation with a
Symposium by StoryNet and its organizers Prof. Dr. Helena Bilandzic and
Dr. Anne Bartsch. For details, please see the Call for Papers at:
http://www.storynet.eu/cms/?q=node/5.
- Workshop for PhD students: We are likewise pleased that the
conference will be preceded by a Workshop for PhD students of Media
Psychology, organised by Prof. Dr. Nicole Krämer. The workshop will take
place at Jacobs University on the day before the conference (August 9). A
maximum of 12 doctoral students will be accepted. The application
deadline is May 15 (the Website-URL for further information will be
announced, soon).

Conference language
The conference will again be held in English. We thus invite not only German
media psychologists but also European and other international colleagues to
contribute.

Types of contributions:
- position and review papers (extended abstract of 1000 words each)
- research papers (300 word abstract including results)
- posters (300 word abstract).

Each author may submit and present only one contribution as first author;
additional contributions as co-author are welcome.

Timeline:
- December 15th 2010: Online submission system opens
- March 1st 2011: Submission deadline
- May 15: Deadline for informing authors about acceptance

Location:
Campus of Jacobs University Bremen, Campus Ring, 28759 Bremen
About 30 minutes from Bremen city center.
Further information will follow soon.

Contact
Jacobs University Bremen
Dr. ízen Odag / Prof. Dr. Margrit Schreier
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
D-28759 Bremen
eMail: (o.odag /at/ jacobs-university.de)
Phone: +49-(0)421-200-3453 / Fax: +49-(0)421-200-3955
https://www.jacobs-university.de/MedPsych2011