Archive for calls, August 2010

[ecrea] Call for Papers- Journal of War and Culture Studies

Thu Aug 12 12:16:39 GMT 2010

>Journal of War and Culture Studies
>Call for papers
>Volume 4
>Issue 1: Varia
>
>The Journal of War and Culture Studies is the
>academic journal of the international scholarly
>association, the Group of War and Culture
>Studies. JWCS principal focus is the
>relationship between war and culture in the
>twentieth century, and into the twenty-first,
>primarily in Europe but not excluding other
>geographical areas involved in conflict.
>Interdisciplinary and international in scope,
>the journals emphasis is on cultural history
>and on cultural production as a significant
>force that has shaped the experience, representation and memory of war.
>We invite contributions in the fields of
>cultural history, literary studies, and all
>forms of visual studies that explore
>"   The relationship between war and culture during conflict and its aftermath
>"   The forms and practices of cultural transmission in times of war
>"   The impact of war on cultural production,
>cultural identity and international cultural relations
>Contributions in related aspects of social
>sciences, and social and political history will
>be considered if the focus on cultural
>production is clear. These should be written in
>English and be of 56,000 words in length. They
>should be sent to Helena Scott
>(<(H.Scott /at/ westminster.ac.htm)>(H.Scott /at/ westminster.ac.uk)
><mailto:(H.Scott /at/ westminster.ac.uk)> ) at the
>University of Westminster by 15 September 2010.
>Articles should be submitted in accordance with
>Intellects guidelines to be found at:
><http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/auth/links/StyleGuide.pdf>http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/auth/links/StyleGuide.pdf.
>
>2011, Volume 4
>3 issues per year
>
>Editors
>Debra Kelly
>University of Westminster
><(kellyd /at/ westminster.ac.htm)>(kellyd /at/ westminster.ac.uk)
>
>Martin Hurcombe
>University of Bristol
><(m.j.hurcombe /at/ bristol.ac.htm)>(m.j.hurcombe /at/ bristol.ac.uk)
>

>Nicola Cooper
>Swansea University
><(n.cooper /at/ swansea.ac.htm)>(n.cooper /at/ swansea.ac.uk)
>
>Print ISSN 1752-6272 | Online ISSN 1752-6280
>
>For further information, please click on the
>link below or contact Nicola Reisner on
><(nicola /at/ intellectbooks.htm)>(nicola /at/ intellectbooks.com):
>http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=150/
>---
>Nicola Reisner  |  Journals Marketing
>
>A: Intellect, The Mill, Parnall Rd, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 3JG, UK
>E: <(nicola /at/ intellectbooks.htm)>(nicola /at/ intellectbooks.com)
>T: +44 (0)117 9589914
>W: www.intellectbooks.co.uk
>Read our blog!
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885