Archive for calls, June 2009

[ecrea] Call for book reviewers - Historical Journal of Film Radio and Television

Tue Jun 23 05:03:57 GMT 2009

Call for book reviewers - Historical Journal of Film Radio and Television

The "Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television" examines the history of audio-visual media and its impact on the political, social and cultural developments. The HJFRT also reviews books on related topics. We take pride in reviewing books published in English and a variety of other languages.

As the book review editors of the HJFRT, we are looking for people to write reviews of scholarly, biographical, or reference books published within the last two or three years that examine any (historical) aspect of media (radio, film, television). We do not typically review books devoted solely to film and media theory. Reviews are typically in the 500-1,000 word range, written in English. If you would like to be included in our pool of potential book reviewers, please e-mail the following information off-list to (bbowles /at/ albany.edu) and (roel.vandewinkel /at/ ugent.be) (please do NOT use the "reply" function of your e-mail program):

NAME:
INSTITUTIONAL AFFILIATION:
E-MAIL ADDRESS:
LANGUAGES YOU READ:
AREAS OF INTEREST AND EXPERTISE:
For this last item, we are seeking information that will help us direct the books to the most appropriate reviewers. Please list anything that you think would be helpful.

Best wishes,

Brett Bowles (books published in the USA)
Roel Vande Winkel (books published in Europe or elsewhere)

American books for review should be sent to Brett Bowles, Dept. Languages Literatures and Cultures, State University of New York at Albany, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12222, USA. Books for review published elsewhere should be sent to Roel Vande Winkel, (University of Ghent) Heirebaan 109, 9400 Ninove, Belgium.