[ecrea] Creative Industries Workshop - 9th May 2007

Wed Mar 14 10:45:45 GMT 2007

>Apologies for cross-posting CREATIVE INDUSTRIES WORKSHOP 2007
>'Valuing Intelligence' - 9th May The London College of Communication
>is hosting the inaugural Creative Industries Workshop, Valuing
>Intelligence. The Creative Industries sector is an integral part of
>the new knowledge economy and in this workshop we are looking to
>develop new ideals and impetus for the businesses, infrastructure
>and governance of the Creative Industries. Specifically, the
>workshop will take a critical look at how intelligence in the
>creative industries is collected and used. The DCMS in 1998 defined
>13 subsectors within the Creative Industries, but today, with the
>continual drive of digitisation, 'crowdsourcing' and the ease in
>which individualistic creativity can be showcased, there is a need
>to have another look at these definitional boundaries, and how the
>empirics can be gathered to match the academic and political
>theorisations of the creative industries. This workshop will provide
>you with the opportunity to discuss these issues in an informal yet
>stimulating environment, with like-minded scholars and leading
>industry professionals; and also the option of submitting a formal
>presentation or paper in the linked Creative Industries conference
>in October, as well as the forthcoming Creative Industries Journal,
>due to published in 2008. Where: London College of Communication,
>Elephant & Castle,
>London, SE1 6SB When: May 9th 2007, 0930 - 1700 Confirmed speakers:
>Simon Roodhouse - Creative Industries Observatory Kate Oakley -
>Independent Consultant Paul Owen - Burns Owen Partnership Chris
>Bilton - University of Warwick Andrew Senior - British Council

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
NEW BOOK: Researching media, democracy and participation.
The intellectual work of the 2006 European media
and communication doctoral summer school.
Available at: http://young.meso.ee/?q=node/54
ICA 2007 Conference [Theme] website @
http://www.vub.ac.be/icatheme07/
!!!!!!NEW!!!!!!!!
Free ECREA Communication Doctoral Summer School Book
"Researching media, democracy and participation" at:
http://www.comsummerschool.org/
---
ECREA Book Series publication
"Reclaiming the Media"
http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/ppbooks.php?isbn=9781841501635
with in the body of the message (NOT in the subject): unsubscribe ecrea
Postal address: ECREA - P.O. Box 106, B-1210 Brussels 21, Belgium
Email: (ecrea /at/ ulb.ac.be)