[eccr] 3rd European Symposium on Gender & ICT: Working for Change

Wed Jul 07 10:01:35 GMT 2004

>       3rd European Symposium on Gender & ICT: Working for Change
>
>       Feb 1st 2005
>
>       Weston Conference Centre, UMIST Manchester UK
>
>       For further details see
><http://ict.open.ac.uk/gender/>http://ict.open.ac.uk/gender/
>
>Following the success of the Gender and ICT symposia in Amsterdam (2003)
>and Brussels (2004) we invite you to come to Manchester and continue the
>networking and discussions begun at these two events, and to highlight the
>conclusions of the JIVE transnational partnership.
>
>This year the focus will be on work and education to reflect the main
>priorities of the sponsoring partners. However we are interested in and
>welcome papers about research in related areas of Gender and ICT. The
>symposium aims to be a meeting point for researchers from different
>disciplines and research schools and we welcome research on women's work,
>careers and education in ICT and other branches of science, engineering and
>technology.
>
>We invite ABSTRACTS on (but not limited to)  the following themes
>
>   - Gender, technology and work : women's work in computing and ICT
>including IT and new media industries as well as the Science, Engineering
>and Technology sectors; issues of promotion, career progression and
>work-life balance
>
>   - Power, gender and identity in the workplace: gender and organisational
>cultures;  influence of ICT in the workplace, domestication of ICT's when
>the workplace is the home.
>
>   - Gender and ICT policy issues : inclusion and exclusion, influences of
>national ICT strategies, globalisation and work in the IT sector.
>
>   - Education : research related to practical initiatives to support women
>learners as well as theoretical perspectives; teaching and learning using
>ICT; gender and e-learning; gendered ways of learning technology including
>learning styles and pedagogies; design of ICTs in education
>
>                         IMPORTANT DATES:
>
>       The deadline for abstracts (max. 500 words) is Oct 1st 2004.
>       Notification of acceptance by November 15th 2004.
>
>       Abstracts and any enquiries to:
><mailto:(genderandict /at/ open.ac.uk)>(genderandict /at/ open.ac.uk)

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info