Archive for calls, June 2004

[eccr] SCMS London conference 2005 -- call

Thu Jun 17 18:16:24 GMT 2004

>                                                   Society for Cinema and
> Media Studies
>Call for Proposals for the 2005 London Conference
>
>March 31-April 3, 2005
>
>Chers collègues, liebe Kollege/inn/en, queridos/as colegas, dear colleagues:
>In recognition of the increasing globalization of our profession as well
>as of the objects we study, the Society is for the first time moving its
>annual conference to London, in the hope of deepening and strengthening
>our dialogue with colleagues in Europe, both established and young
>scholars. We would like to see proposals on the current state of
>film/television/new media theory, history and criticism from
>national/international/transnational perspectives and other relevant
>topics. We will consider proposals for papers, panels and workshops. The
>bi-continental planning committee hopes that panel and workshop proposals
>will, whenever suitable, include participants from both sides of the
>Atlantic; we urge you to keep this in mind as you prepare your panel and
>workshop proposals. To encourage the widest possible interest in
>attending, we have highlighted some standard procedures, formats and
>deadlines. The complete description, as well as the URLs for downloading
>application and payments, can be found at
><http://www.cmstudies.org/>www.cmstudies.org.
>
>  Eligibility:
>SCMS membership is required
>(<http://www.cmstudies.org/scms_join_on_line.html>http://www.cmstudies.org/scms_join_on_line.html).
>Conference registration fee is required  (form will be posted to the
>website soon).
>Panel and Workshop participants must register for the conference by
>January 21.
>
>Submission Procedures:
>
>For paper proposals, use the Standard Abstract Form (SAF) format provided
>online at
><http://www.cmstudies.org/abstract_forms.html>http://www.cmstudies.org/abstract_forms.html,
>under the heading Open Call. Submit the proposal as an e-mail directly to
><mailto:(office /at/ cmstudies.org)>(office /at/ cmstudies.org). Please do not send it
>as an attachment. If accepted, the paper will be placed in one of the open
>call panels created by the program committee. If you are willing to chair
>an open call panel, please indicate this on the proposal form. Chairs are
>responsible for introducing panelists, keeping individual presentations
>within the 20-minute time limit and facilitating discussions among
>presenters and the audience.
>
>  For panel proposals, use the format provided online at
> <http://www.cmstudies.org/abstract_forms.html>http://www.cmstudies.org/abstract_forms.html,
> under the heading Panel. Include one Paper SAF for each paper within the
> panel. Panels should have at least three presenters, but no more than
> four. Submit in e-mail format directly to
> <mailto:(office /at/ cmstudies.org)>(office /at/ cmstudies.org). Please do not send the
> [...]

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info