Archive for calls, June 2004

[eccr] update CFP: Harry Potter Fan Fiction

Wed Jun 02 06:08:51 GMT 2004

>UPDATE: EDITED VOLUME ON HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION
>DEADLINE JUNE 15
>
>Scholars from all disciplines are invited to submit abstracts for a
>proposed collection of essays about Harry Potter fan fiction.  Essays on
>young writers, transnational fandom, and fan works from outside the
>English-speaking world are especially needed, but all submissions on fan
>works are very welcome.  Please note that the topic of this volume is fan
>fiction; to be considered, all papers must at least touch on fan writings
>or art.
>
>Paper topics might include, but are by no means limited to:
>
>* Studies focused on writing by younger authors
>* Studies of the various on-line communities in which participants
>exchange works and ideas
>* Britishness and the Harry Potter fandom
>* Fan art comics, illustrations, or doujinshi
>* Studies of fan works and writings from outside the English-speaking world
>
>This is a scholarly volume; because its audience will be
>interdisciplinary, and will also include general readers, however, all
>contributors should minimize their use of academic jargon.
>
>Please send abstracts of no less than 300 words, and a brief c.v., to
>(glaubman /at/ earthlink.net).  If you already have a completed paper in hand, I
>would be happy to read it.  I would also appreciate a brief note about
>your background and interest in the topic.  Inquiries welcome.
>
>Jane Glaubman
>University of California, Berkeley
>(glaubman /at/ earthlink.net)

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info