[Commlist] Journal of Alternative & Community Media 8.2 (special issue on Digital and Material Forms of Community and Alternative Media) published

Mon Jul 08 12:18:41 GMT 2024

Intellect is pleased to announce that Journal of Alternative & Community Media 8.2 is out now!

Special Issue: ‘Digital and Material Forms of Community and Alternative Media’

Welcome to this Special Issue of JOACM, our second issue of Volume 8. Here, we present selected papers from the 2023 International Association for Media and Communications Research (IAMCR) Conference in Lyon, France. These papers were presented as part of the sessions from the ‘Community Communication and Alternative Media’ section, and we thank Section Chairs and Vice Chairs for supporting and encouraging this Special Issue.

For more information about the journal and issue click here>>

https://www.intellectbooks.com/journal-of-alternative-community-media <https://www.intellectbooks.com/journal-of-alternative-community-media>

Aims & Scope

The Journal of Alternative & Community Media(JOACM) publishes research that helps explain the shifting media environment, and the ways in which people use alternative forms of media and communication. Issues of concern to the journal include the nature and distribution of media power; access to and participation in media; media practices of communities and social movements; and the possibilities of emerging technologies and new media.

This title is indexed with Scopus.

Issue 8.2

Editorial

Papers from the 2023 IAMCR Conference in Lyon <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jacm_00121_2>

SUSAN FORDE, VINOD PAVARALA AND CLAUDIA MAGALLANES-BLANCO

Articles

Building the media-active dojo in a post-secondary classroom in San Francisco <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jacm_00122_1>

DOROTHY KIDD

Buskers in Galway: Not in the European Capital of Culture (ECoC) 2020 neither on the streets <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jacm_00123_1>

NIVEA CANALLI BONA AND ANDREW Ó BAOILL

Towards a circular theory of communication: The case of the Wayusa ritual of the traditional Kichwa people of Sarayaku <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jacm_00124_1>

ANA CRISTINA SUZINA

Putting entertainment and education back into community radio: A Ghanaian perspective on COVID-19 messaging <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jacm_00125_1>

EMMANUEL ESSEL AND ELIZA GOVENDER

Art for communicating crises: A semiotic analysis of COVID-19 murals <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jacm_00126_1>

DISHHA MEDHAVI AND KULVEEN TREHAN

Could this be #MeToo?: Transnational reflections on hashtag feminism <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jacm_00127_1>

CAITLIN MARIE MILES

Book Review

Media Activism, Artivism and the Fight Against Marginalisation in the Global South: South-to-South Communication, A. Medrado and I. Rega (2023) <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jacm_00128_5>

MARICRUZ BARBA GONZÁLEZ