[Commlist] Discourse Research Association of Ireland - Summer Seminar Series

Wed Jul 03 07:00:17 GMT 2024

The Discourse Research Association of Ireland is delighted to announce the schedule of speakers for this year's Summer Seminar Series. Further information is available from our website https://discourseresearch.ie/summer-seminar-series/2024-summer-seminar-series/ <https://discourseresearch.ie/summer-seminar-series/2024-summer-seminar-series/>

The full schedule is as follows:

10 July (Wed.) 15:00 -

Eva Joyce (Independent Researcher)
/Destiny’s Wild: Power/knowledge and the Irish and UK news media discourses of rewilding tourism/
/
/
17 July (Wed.) 15:00 -

Colette Casey (QUB)
/Analysing Performativity in News: Combining AI and Critical Discourse Analysis in a Time of False Information/
/
/
24 July (Wed.) 15:00 -

Mairead McCann (QUB)
/Jot and Tittle: Detailing What Discourse Analysis Tells Us about the Impact of Media Representation of Women Political Leaders in the Context of Northern Ireland/
/
/
31 July (Wed.) 15:00 -

Clara Neary (QUB)
/“I am changed now”: Hilary Mantel, pain and the female body/
/
/
7 August (Wed.) 15:00

Joseph Kilroy (DBS)
/The construction of parenting in Irish print media/
/
/
15 August (Thurs.) 15:00 -

John Balfe (SETU)
/Regulation, Re-definition and Resistance: Examining Neo-Liberal Impact on Social Care Pedagogy Through Foucauldian Governmentality and Managerialist Agendas
/

Practical info:

  * All DRAOI seminars will be held *virtually via Microsoft Teams*
  * Seminars will take place on *Wednesdays* at 3 pm (15:00) Irish
    Standard Time (UTC +1)*. *Unless stated otherwise below.
  * Seminars are *free and open to the public*. Please encourage anyone
    who may be interested to attend and participate in the Q&A session
    that will follow each talk.
  * Joining links and seminar abstracts will be circulated to our
    mailing list in due course; you can sign up via our website.