Archive for January 2024

[Commlist] CfA | 3rd “ScuolaDemocratica” Conf. | “Navigating Techno-Futures in Education”

Mon Jan 08 20:20:37 GMT 2024

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
THIRD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE JOURNAL “SCUOLA DEMOCRATICA”
Panel sessions *Navigating Techno-Futures in Education* (I05-I06)

The feed-forward society is upon us. In this age of prediction, digital networks are becoming ‘oracular’ and make information no longer flowing from the past to the present, but from the future to now. An immense array of techno-futures is ceaselessly produced, shaping the multiplication of our presents until their unavoidable collapse. How can we navigate this fluid landscape? While we may have previously questioned the usefulness of the compass for moving on the map, we now find ourselves uncertain even about the cartographies we have sketched out to performatively represent our times.

The two panels that follow are meant to secure a perimeter in which a discussion and a debate can happen and become a reflexive and hopefully prolific opportunity to rethink and re-build our way of understanding and living education, robotics, and AI: - ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND/FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE (https://www.scuolademocratica-conference.net/panels-188/ <https://www.scuolademocratica-conference.net/panels-188/>) - ROBOTICS (WILL NOT) ACT ON SOCIAL JUSTICE (https://www.scuolademocratica-conference.net/panels-226/ <https://www.scuolademocratica-conference.net/panels-226/>)

Communication and Media Studies scholars are welcome!

Deadline for submission: February 10, 2024 (dates and deadlines: https://www.scuolademocratica-conference.net/submit-your-abstract-2/ <https://www.scuolademocratica-conference.net/submit-your-abstract-2/>). Conference website: https://www.scuolademocratica-conference.net <https://www.scuolademocratica-conference.net>