[Commlist] Faculty Fellow Opportunity at NYU

Sat Dec 02 17:39:38 GMT 2023

*XE: Experimental Humanities & Social Engagement, an interdisciplinary program in the Graduate School of Arts and Science at New York University*, invites applications for aFaculty Fellowposition in the social sciences. The initial appointment will be for one year beginning September 1, 2024, renewable annually for a maximum of three years, pending administrative and budgetary approval.

We seek outstanding interdisciplinary scholars of the social sciences**whose work engages intersectional social justice. The successful candidate will be committed to cutting-edge interdisciplinary inquiry and their fields will include, span, or exceed: anthropology, sociology,**science and technology studies, politics, or urban studies, addressing urgent topics such as displacement and migration, indigenous rights, anti-racism, decolonization, incarceration, health, or environmental justice, among others.

Facultyfellows teach three graduate seminars per year, advise and mentor students, oversee master’s theses, organize public programs, and actively participate in shaping the life of the program.

XE <https://as.nyu.edu/departments/xe.html> is a highly innovative graduate program and tight-knit community of scholars and practitioners who value collaborative mentoring and career building, as well as exploring new pedagogies and research methods at the intersection of creativity, criticality, and social engagement.

*Qualifications:*

We seek candidates with a PhD in the social sciences. While PhDs are required, we welcome candidates who have a public-facing critical or artistic practice in their field/s. Candidates should have completed their Ph.D. no earlier than 2020 and no later than by August 1, 2024.

To apply, please submit: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a 20- to 30-page writing sample, sample syllabi for two dream classes, three letters of recommendation, and a statement of diversity and inclusion.

As diversity is a priority for NYU and for this position, for the latter statement we ask you to provide a brief paragraph telling us how diversity figures into your past and present teaching, research, community engagement, and/or life experience, as well as how you would bring issues of diversity to bear on the teaching and programming of XE. Information about diversity statements may be found at http://as.nyu.edu/departments/facultydiversity/recruitment/diversity-statements.html <http://as.nyu.edu/departments/facultydiversity/recruitment/diversity-statements.html>.

Applications should be submitted through Interfolio: apply.interfolio.com/129772 <http://apply.interfolio.com/129772>

*The search committee will begin reviewing applications on January 5, 2024*and will continue until the position is filled.

In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary for this position is $60,000. New York University considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.

TheFacultyof Arts and Science at NYU is at the heart of a leading research university that spans the globe. We seek scholars of the highest caliber who embody the diversity of the United States as well as the global society in which we live. We strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other legally protected basis. NYU affirms the value of differing perspectives on the world as we strive to build the strongest possible university with the widest reach. To learn more about the FAS commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion, please read here: http://as.nyu.edu/departments/facultydiversity.html <http://as.nyu.edu/departments/facultydiversity.html>.

EOE/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.

_______