[Commlist] Critical Approaches to Health; Book series update & call for proposals

Mon Oct 09 10:40:12 GMT 2023

*Critical Approaches to Health***

*About the Series:* The /Critical Approaches to Health/series, published by Routledge, aims to present critical, inter-disciplinary books around psychological, social and cultural issues related to health. Each volume in the series provides a critical approach to a particular issue or important topic relevant to health, and is of interest and relevance to researchers, practitioners, and students across the social sciences, health, medicine, and related disciplines.

See the 16 books published so far in the series at:

https://www.routledge.com/Critical-Approaches-to-Health/book-series/CRITHEA <https://www.routledge.com/Critical-Approaches-to-Health/book-series/CRITHEA>

The series Editors, Kerry Chamberlain and Antonia Lyons, have several other titles in various stages of production, but are always interested to receive ideas and proposals for new books in the series. Books must be authored or co-authored, and not an edited collection of chapters. The series is multidisciplinary and international in scope, and books have a critical perspective. Books are informed by the research interests of the author(s), but are not monographs of people’s own research. We accept co-authored books, and encourage experienced authors to offer emerging researchers the opportunity to collaborate and co-author a book for the series.

We have particular interest in receiving proposals in the following areas, but welcome suggestions for other topics:

  * Media and health
  * Indigenous health
  * Palliative care
  * Bioethics
  * Health disparities
  * Healthcare systems
  * Patient-centred care

If you are interested in proposing a topic for the series, or in developing a proposal on one of the topics listed above, please contact Kerry Chamberlain [(k.chamberlain /at/ massey.ac.nz) <mailto:(k.chamberlain /at/ massey.ac.nz)>] and Antonia Lyons [(antonia.lyons /at/ auckland.ac.nz) <mailto:(antonia.lyons /at/ auckland.ac.nz)>] to discuss your ideas. We will liaise with you, provide you with a proposal template, and work with you to finalise proposals before they are forwarded to our publisher at Routledge for reviews and contracting.