[Commlist] Upcoming conferences and events at Humlab

Fri Aug 25 20:50:45 GMT 2023

Welcome to attend our upcoming events at Humlab, Umeå University, on site or online:

**

*11–13 Dec*
Conference
Advancing Research Communication – the role of Humanities in the Digital Era <https://www.umu.se/humlab/advancing-research-communication/>(hybrid)

The conference brings together scholars in the humanities and surrounding fields to discuss the relevance, challenges, and role of research communication in the age of AI, disinformation, hate speech, an ongoing climate crisis. What is the role of researchers, cultural heritage sites and scholars in responding to new societal circumstances, and how can we use our voices as humanists to speak about these issues?

*SAVE THE DATE:*
*1–2 feb*

Conference

Queer futures of AI? Possibilities, constraints and risks <https://www.umu.se/nyheter/beviljas-medel-for-ai-konferens_11815467/>(hybrid)

The conference seek to gather scholars in AI, digital humanities and gender and queer studies, for an transdisciplinary dialogue about queer futures of AI and what possibilities, constraints and risk likely, and possible, AI futures may entail. More information to come.

Contact:(evelina.liliequist /at/ umu.se) <mailto:(evelina.liliequist /at/ umu.se)>

*14 Sept*

Humlab Talk: Exploring the silences of smart care <https://www.umu.se/en/events/humlab-talk-exploring-the-silences-of-smart-care_11755305/>(online)

/Professor Christine Hine, Department of Sociology, University of Surrey /

This talk explores two methodological approaches to exploration of the selectivity and silences of smart care.

*9 Nov*
Humlab Talk: Doing old-fashioned (field)work in new social spaces <https://www.umu.se/en/events/humlab-talk-doing-old-fashioned-fieldwork-in-new-social-spaces_11814825/>(hybrid)

/Ida Tolgensbakk, PhD in cultural history and senior curator at the Norwegian Museum of Cultural History/

This talk will discuss the advantages of taking old wisdoms with us when doing fieldwork online/./
More information and events:
https://www.umu.se/en/humlab/ <https://www.umu.se/en/humlab/>