[Commlist] Position: Assistant/Associate Professor in Game Studies, University of Nottingham Ningbo China

Sat Jul 29 20:38:49 GMT 2023

Full listing here - https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/DBH536/assistant-associate-professor-in-game-studies <https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/DBH536/assistant-associate-professor-in-game-studies> and here - https://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=45544&forced=1 <https://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=45544&forced=1>

The School of International Communications at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China has entered a period of growth in terms of research activities, student numbers, and engagement with industries. We are looking, therefore, for talented scholars to join our friendly, vibrant, and collegial team.

An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the dynamic and growing School of International Communications (IC) at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China. With a high research-output and close partnerships with local industry, IC represents a significant career development opportunity for an ambitious academic seeking to develop their career globally. After recruiting a number of high-level academics over the past 3 years and with the significant growth of both UG and PG programmes, IC seeks to add to this pool and so develop the international reputation of the school.

*The successful candidate will conduct research and teaching in the area of game studies on our BA and MA International Communications programmes and our PhD in Cultural Studies. *

Candidates will be involved in teaching, research, grantsmanship, School administration, and will work in a cooperative and collegial manner with fellow staff at all levels of seniority.

We value excellent educators, who are passionate about and innovative in their teaching and who can contribute to our high standards and broader teaching expertise in International Communications.

Our teaching is research-led and we are committed to cultivating and educating tomorrows global citizens with cross-disciplinary skills, an intercultural mind-set and inclusive values in order to lead meaningful lives with dignity and social mobility.

*Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support*

The successful candidate will be offered a five-year contract that may be extended by mutual agreement. We are committed to providing competitive employment packages while supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help them reach their full potential. We offer international highly competitive salary package and you will have a range of benefits and entitlements, including accommodation allowance, insurances, schooling support, home flight, relocation  repatriation support, and paid annual leave. You will be offered a wider range of Chinese talent schemes application opportunities based on the eligibility of application.

*How to Apply*

Applicants are invited to submit their applications online, which should include the following:

 1. A cover letter
 2. An up-to-date CV
 3. A publication list
 4. A statement of teaching philosophy giving evidence of teaching
    excellence
 5. A research statement indicating your planned research activities as
    part of our department

Informal enquiries may be addressed to Dr Filippo Gilardi, the Head of School of International Communications at email: (filippo.gilardi /at/ nottingham.edu.cn) <mailto:(filippo.gilardi /at/ nottingham.edu.cn)>