[Commlist] PhD Opportunity at Glasgow Caledonian University

Thu Jun 29 21:28:20 GMT 2023

below are details of an interesting PhD opportunity at Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU):

We are currently readvertising a PhD project in relation to which we are actively looking for someone to do research within the scripts and memorabilia collection of Blythe Duff, the Scottish actress who played DI Jackie Reid in the long-running Taggart detective series (STV, 1983-2010). In 2018, Ms Duff gave her entire collection to GCU where it is housed within the Glasgow Caledonian University Archives Centre. This includes all of her scripts for 'Taggart'. The 3 year studentship is worth at least £22568 pa which includes payment of tuition fees and an annual stipend of £17688 pa.
Full details of the studentship and how to apply can be found here:

https://www.findaphd.com/phds/project/investigating-the-blythe-duff-archive/?p156293

The closing date for the readvertisement is Friday 4 August 2023. Informal enquiries to the supervisory team welcome (email contact details listed in the above link)

To be eligible to apply, applicants must have a minimum 2:1 Honours degree or higher. Ideally we are looking for someone with the ability to handle and analyse scripts. Also ideal would be someone with the ability and experience to interview Ms Duff and her professional associates about her career in television and the other arts. This is a really exciting opportunity to do groundbreaking research which has already made the national headlines (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/glasgow-caledonian-university-scottish-phd-john-michie-university-b2302131.html; https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tv/10377111/crime-fans-phd-in-taggart/ )