[Commlist] Job ad: Lecturer in Film & TV Studies, University of Glasgow

Thu May 25 17:51:03 GMT 2023

*Job advert: Lecturer in Film & Television Studies, University of Glasgow (Scotland, UK) *

Grade 7, Full-time, permanent, £38,474 - £43,155 per annum.

Deadline for applications: 21^st June.

Vacancy reference no.: 117749

Film & Television Studies <https://www.gla.ac.uk/subjects/filmtelevision/>sits within theSchool of Culture and Creative Arts <https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/cca/>which is part of theCollege of Arts <https://www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/arts/>at theUniversity of Glasgow <https://www.gla.ac.uk/>. We are looking to appoint a new lecturer on a ‘Research and Teaching’ contract. You can find full details of the job description and the application portal at the following link: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/DAB275/lecturer-in-film-and-television-studies <https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/DAB275/lecturer-in-film-and-television-studies>

The successful candidate will undertake research of international excellence and contribute to knowledge exchange activities relative to the discipline, contribute to learning and teaching on ourundergraduate <https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/filmtelevisionstudies/>andpost-graduate programmes <https://www.gla.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/filmtelevisionstudies/> and undertake administration and service activities in line with the School/College’s strategic objectives.

**

Film and Television Studies at the University of Glasgow has established itself as a world-leader in a wide range of related research areas - encompassing history, aesthetics, audiences, theory, practice, industry and policy, including work on film, television, emerging technologies, and related cultural forms. Film and Television Studies are also actively engaged in challenge-led and applied research activities.

We are a diverse unit, that is international in outlook, and while we share many common aims, we support research ambitions based on individual expertise that is often closely related to and inspired by our teaching. We welcome applications from candidates with a range of research and teaching expertise in Film and/or Television studies but are particularly interested in those with expertise in one or more of the following areas: Queer film and/or television, global majority television, interdisciplinary approaches to film and television.

Glasgow is an exciting city with a vibrant cultural scene and a well-established screen sector, and colleagues and students in Film and Television Studies enjoy close ties with arts and media organisations across the city and beyond. Follow the links to read more about thecity <https://www.gla.ac.uk/study/studentlife/glasgow/>and the University’scivic engagement projects <https://www.gla.ac.uk/explore/civic/>.

For informal enquiries about the role you can contact Head of Film & Television Studies, Dr Amy Holdsworth ((Amy.Holdsworth /at/ glasgow.ac.uk) <mailto:(Amy.Holdsworth /at/ glasgow.ac.uk)>).

__

As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.

As a valued member of our team, you can expect:

1. A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.

2. An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff,pension <https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/payandpensions/pensions/>, benefits and discount packages.

3. A flexible approach to working.

4. A commitment to support your health and wellbeing, including a free 6-month UofG Sport membership for all new staff joining the University: https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/ <https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/staff/healthwellbeing/>

The University of Glasgow is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion and through this appointment it is our aim to develop candidate pools that include applicants from all backgrounds and communities. For this post, we particularly encourage applications from people from global majority ethnicities, LGBTQ+ identities, and disabled people.  Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our Community: www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity <http://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity>