[Commlist] Job: Assistant Professor, Strategic Communication, Social Media & Society - Communication and Digital Media Studies, Ontario Tech University

Sun Feb 26 10:16:31 GMT 2023

https://ontariotechu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/505?c=ontariotechu

The Communication and Digital Media Studies (CDMS) program in the Faculty of Social Science and Humanities (FSSH) at Ontario Tech University (OTU) invites applications for an Assistant Professor in the area of Strategic Communication, Social Media & Society. The FSSH believes that an interdisciplinary approach to research, teaching, and community outreach is essential to developing the leaders of tomorrow, and embraces a social justice mandate. The CDMS program focuses on the fast-changing communication and digital media environment in which we live, work, play, vote and influence. From a look at the global creative and entertainment industries to immersion in new technological developments surrounding the Internet and social media platforms, our program’s curriculum explores the drivers and impacts of communication and digital media in relation to the dynamics of the broader society and culture that shape them. Students learn about the uses, roles, goals, arts, industries, audiences, policies, technologies, practices, messages, and effects of communication and digital media in relation to the pursuit of a good life for all.

We seek applications from outstanding candidates who are committed to building and making contributions to the CDMS program’s teaching, research and service excellence. In particular, we seek applicants who are prepared to support our Strategic Communication, Social Media & Society degree specialization, and one or more of our minor program areas in Social Media Advocacy and Activism, Digital Media Politics & Policy, and Professional Communication/Public Relations. As the FSSH values interdisciplinarity, and as related to OTU’s commitment to tech with a conscience, we welcome applicants that possess additional expertise in related sub-fields such as the sociology of technology, science, technology & society (STS), the political economy of the Internet, as well as social media advocacy experience.

To learn more about the position and apply to it, see here:

https://ontariotechu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/505?c=ontariotechu

Application submission deadline / review date: April 7, 2023

Position start date: July 1, 2023