Archive for March 2023

[Commlist] Congress: 'Hate Expressions, Digital Media and Detection Processes (CIOMD)'

Mon Mar 13 17:11:17 GMT 2023

We want to share the information about the event that we are organizing in Spain for those interested in participating:

*Congress:*'Hate Expressions, Digital Media and Detection Processes (CIOMD)'.

*Objective:*The congress seeks to provide a space for reflection and synergy around the study of hate speech from the digital news media and social networks at the Ibero-American and international levels. *Dates:*It will be held on October 19 and 20, 2023, in person (in the Faculty of Information Sciences of the U. Complutense of Madrid and at the International University of La Rioja - UNIR's headquarters in Madrid) and online. Reception of proposals until May 31, 2023. Submissions will be accepted in English, Spanish and Portuguese. *Organization:*It is organized by the Project Cartography of hate speech in Spain from communication: sports, bullfighting and political spheres (PID2019-105613GB-C31 – CARTODIOCOM), and the Project Taxonomy, presence and intensity of hate speech in environments digital media linked to the Spanish professional news media (PID2020-114584GB-I00 – HATEMEDIA). Both projects are led by the Complutense University of Madrid and the International University of La Rioja, financed by the State Research Agency - Ministry of Science and Innovation (Government of Spain).
*Web for more information at:*https://ciomd.es/ <https://ciomd.es/>