[Commlist] Berkman Klein Center Calls for Applications: 2023-2024 Fellowships and RSM Visiting Scholars

Tue Nov 22 23:07:53 GMT 2022

The Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University has opened calls for applications for two programs - *BKC’s****2023-2024 open call for fellows* <https://brk.mn/2324opencall>*and the Institute for Rebooting Social Media’s****2023-2024 call for Visiting Scholars* <https://rebootingsocialmedia.org/call-for-2023-2024-rsm-visiting-scholars/>*.*

In the *2023-2024 year we will welcome a cohort of residential fellows* where interconnections between Center-driven activity and mentorship across the Center are possible. We will offer a number of fully-funded fellowships for people who apply through the open call, and a stipend for living, travel, and research for those who are externally funded.  Fellows will not only engage with one another but also with participants in other efforts across the Center, our research sprints, and student-focused activities on campus. As scholars and practitioners with an established track record of public interest work, the residential fellows will cover a wide range of topics.

We also seek *outstanding faculty members for the RSM Visiting Scholars Program* who specifically wish to develop publicly-accessible research projects that investigate the harms and opportunities of networked communication and social media. We feel it is an especially timely moment to be seeking talent who can tackle this set of problems.

+++

  Berkman Klein 2023-2024 Fellows

For: Scholars and practitioners of any discipline whose research advances Internet & society studies in the public interest

This opportunity is for scholars, practitioners, innovators, engineers, artists, and others who wish to spend 2023-2024 in residence in Cambridge, MA, as part of the Center's vibrant community of research and practice, and who seek to engage in collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and cross-sectoral exploration of the Internet's most important issues.

Applications for Berkman Klein fellowships will be accepted until January 9, 2023, at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Learn more and APPLY to be a Berkman Fellow for the 2023-2024 academic year!

***
Institute for Rebooting Social Media 2023-2024 Visiting Scholars

For: Current faculty members investigating the harms and opportunities of networked communication and social media

Berkman Klein’s Institute for Rebooting Social Media is accepting applications from outstanding faculty members committed to improving the current state of social media for its 2023-2024 cohort of Visiting Scholars. This interdisciplinary cohort of roughly eight members will produce original research while engaging with RSM faculty, staff, scholars, fellows, students, and the broader Berkman Klein Center (BKC) and Harvard University communities.

Applications for RSM Visiting Scholars will be accepted until December 9, 2022, at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Learn more about the RSM Visiting Scholars Program, and APPLY or NOMINATE A SCHOLAR today!