[Commlist] CFP: Doing Women's Film and TV history

Mon Nov 21 20:31:44 GMT 2022

*Doing Women’s Film and Television History VI: Changing Streams and Channels***

*14 – 16 June 2023***

*University of Sussex, Brighton, UK*

**

Doing Women’s Film and Television History is back in 2023! Join us at the University of Sussex for the 6th edition of this leading international conference on women’s film and television history.

Our website is now live. We invite you to submit proposals for papers, panels and presentations of practice-led work and look forward to welcoming you to Sussex.

Confirmed Keynotes: Professor Sally Faulkner (University of Exeter)

Professor Terri Francis (University of Miami)

The sixth edition of the conference will foreground the history of the distribution, marketing and promotion of women's work and how this shapes its visibility, significance and impact on audiences and on the work of other women film workers. Our title references both the technologies of broadcast and digital distribution as well as evoking the flows between women’s work in different spaces, times and places. Our definition of ‘women’ is an inclusive one.

*Deadline for submissions: 14 January 2022*

Full call for papers and submission information:

https://dwftvhvi.wordpress.com/ <https://dwftvhvi.wordpress.com/>