Archive for October 2022

[Commlist] Research Fellowships available - University of York

Tue Oct 25 21:13:35 GMT 2022

The Department of Education at the University of York is recruiting *three
independent research fellows*.

The Bowland Research Fellows, funded by the Bowland Charitable Trust, will
be grade 7 (starting salary £42,155) and, as such, we're looking for
outstanding independent researchers (these fellowships are unlikely to be
suitable for those who have recently completed their PhD). The fellowships
are equivalent to a two-year Leverhulme or British Academy Fellowship and
are similarly supported by a personal research expenses budget of £6,000
per year. Applications are welcomed in any area of education research. We
require candidates to have a mentor within the department who can advise
and support them and we're particularly interested in applicants conducting
research in our strategic priority areas (educational evaluation and
best-evidence approaches to teaching and curriculum design; mental health
and wellbeing). These priority areas include language learning and language
education research. Overall, however, it is the excellence of the candidate
and their proposed research which is paramount.

Applications should be made by 16 November. For more details and to apply,
see Bowland Research Fellows - Jobs - The University of York
<https://jobs.york.ac.uk/vacancy/bowland-research-fellows-501009.html>

Please direct questions to Prof. Kathryn Asbury, Director of Research,
Department of Education: (kathryn.asbury /at/ york.ac.uk).