Archive for January 2022

[Commlist] Call for chapters - The Palgrave Handbook of Organizational Communication in the Digital Era

Mon Jan 31 17:49:42 GMT 2022

Call for Chapters

*The Palgrave Handbook of Organizational Communication in the Digital Era*

Editors of the Palgrave Handbook of Organizational Communication are seeking chapters that address different facets of organizational communication in the context of current societal changes - technological, economic, cultural, and the disruptions brought by the COVID-19 pandemic. There is a significant shift taking place in the organizations’ environment. The pervasiveness of digital technology in communication has had profound influence on human interactions and relationships. An increasing percentage of communication is now facilitated by digital communication technologies. We live in a world of instantaneous communications, infinite communication platforms, automated messaging and algorithm- driven communication. Innovations in communication technologies continually push the boundaries of organizational communication. A survey by McKinsey & Company offers a glimpse into how Covid-19 pandemic has pushed the companies ‘over the technology tipping point – and transformed business forever”. Responses to COVID-19 containment measures and restrictions have impelled and hastened the speed of the adoption of digital communication technologies. All indications are that most of these changes are here to stay.

This handbook attempts to revisit and fill the gap in the scholarship of organizational communication in the light of ongoing digital transformation processes. We invite contributions that provide a critical review of the current state and also set the agenda for future directions in the field of organization communication. We seek work that reflect upon the most current theory and practice in the field. We also invite chapters that explore regional issues and trends. We encourage theory-driven contributions, applied scholarship and fresh case studies that reflect on the new realities of today’s organizational environment.

 We are especially interested in contributions that address the following areas. Topics may include but are not restricted to;

  * Theoretical and conceptual issues
  * Digital transformation and organizational communication
  * Structures and processes of organizational communication
  * Intra- and inter- organizational communication in the digital age
  * Organizational culture in the digital age
  * Digital workplace communication / Communication in distributed
    Workspaces
  * Workplace diversity and communication
  * Interaction patterns
  * Communication networks in organizations
  * Communication behavior in organizations
  * Organizational communication in the age of globalization
  * Trends in organizational communication research
  * The future of work – how Covid-19 has influenced organizational
    communication
  * Re-imagining organizational communication in a post-COVID world
  * Best practices in organizational communication
  * Regional trends on organizational communication
  * Organizational Crisis Communication in the digital age
  * Communication and organizational change /development
  * Ethical and moral issues in organizational communication
*IMPORTANT DATES*

30 March 2022 - Extended abstract (approximately 500 words) outlining your chapter idea and keywords. Include also a short biographical note of the contributor (s) including institutional affiliation.

30 April 2022 –   Decisions on the abstracts will be communicated to the authors

15 August 2022 – Full paper submission deadline (7000 – 8000 words). All chapters will go through a peer-review process

End of 2022 –      Final Decisions

2023                    Publication

Please send all expressions of interest to (martin.ndlela /at/ inn.no) <mailto:(martin.ndlela /at/ inn.no)>