[Commlist] CfP for IASPM XXI 2020 / International Association for the Study of Popular Music

Wed Sep 01 06:51:14 GMT 2021

On behalf of the IASPM XXI 2022 Organizing Committee, we are pleased to invite you to *the International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM) to be held at Daegu, South Korea on 5-9 July 2022*. As you all know, IASPM 2021 originally to be held in July 2021 was postponed for 12 months. Due to this postponement, we are reopening *Call for Presentations (CFP)* for those who missed the chance to apply first time around and those who wish to revise or replace their original proposals.

Having been held every two years since 1981, IASPM is now one of world's most prestigious international conferences of popular music studies. It will be a fascinating opportunity for participants to share the latest information and knowledge in the diverse areas of popular music.

For the conference, a wide range of current topics in Climates of Popular Music will be discussed in the forms of speeches, panel sessions, and poster sessions. You may refer to our e-Newsletter and Website for more information including keynote speakers, topics, the host city, and conference proceedings.

The IASPM XXI 2022 will be held in *a hybrid format* combining virtual and face-to-face conference sessions even when there is a dramatic improvement in the situation with regards to international travel. This is a decision based not only on the current pandemic situation but also on our concern about climate change. Details of how the conference is organized is to be announced later.

Please note that *all of your proposals and papers must be submitted through our online submission page <http://iaspm2022.org/index.php?gt=abs/abs02>*. Through this platform, we hope we provided an easy and convenient way for applicants to participate.

If your proposal was already accepted by the IASPM last year, you do not have to re-submit it. Your status as being accepted will be maintained. However, *you will need to confirm your intent to maintain your presentation via online submission page*.

You can also revise or replace your previous abstract accepted if you would like to. However, in this case *your new or updated abstract will be considered a new submission and reviewed by the IASPM committee again*.

Additionally, panel participants should consult with the panel organizer to make changes to their individual abstract for the panel. It is up to the panel organizers to confirm panel participants’ intention to continue to join the panel and to reorganize the panel if necessary.

**

*IASPM XXI 2022_Key dates*

1)Call for Abstract: September 1~October 31, 2021

2)Notification of Review Result: January 31, 2022

3)Early-bird Registration: March 1~April 31, 2022

4)Standard Registration: May 1~June 30, 2022

*For further details, please visit the **IASPM XXI 2022 official website* <http://iaspm2022.org/>*.*

Keewoong Lee.        Hyunjoon Shin

Co-Chiars

IASPM XXI Organising Committee