Archive for February 2021

[Commlist] Gonzaga University seeking full-time, renewable Lecturer in Communication Studies

Fri Feb 26 03:41:57 GMT 2021

The Communication Studies Department at Gonzaga University invites applications for a one-year, full-time, non tenure-track lecturer position beginning fall 2021. The position is eligible for renewal and reappointment. We wish to welcome humanities-based teacher-scholars with a commitment to inclusive, equity-minded teaching to join a department with an innovative curriculum grounded in rhetoric, media, and cultural studies.

This colleague will primarily teach multiple sections of the first-year, Core Curriculum course, COMM 100: Communication and Speech. The course emphasizes communication as symbolic action and foregrounds civic engagement. Thus, we seek a candidate who is invested in creative, reflective pedagogy and who has experience teaching about public discourse and civic communication from a rhetorical, media, and/or cultural studies perspective. This colleague may also be asked to teach our department’s theoretical foundation courses: Understanding Meaning-Making, Understanding Power in Culture, and Understanding Identity. The teaching load for the lecturer position is 24 credits per year (12 credits per semester).

For more information about the position, the department and school mission, and the application process, please visit: https://gonzaga.peopleadmin.com/postings/15134 <https://gonzaga.peopleadmin.com/postings/15134>