Archive for February 2021

[Commlist] Research Assistant Post

Mon Feb 22 19:00:58 GMT 2021

We currently have a vacancy for a UKRI / AHRC COVID Response project.

Public health measures to mitigate the spread of coronavirus are translated into media messaging by organisations that target the health of different groups. Engaging experiences of the minority group of men who have sex with men (MSM), we will provide rapid evidence on the approaches and responses to these messages in relation to using digital platforms to connect for sexual purposes.

We must understand MSM’s reception of these messages to impact upon policy and practice for this group, shed light on what to look for where minorities are concerned, and provide learning about COVID public health messaging that will benefit the general population. The University of Salford, in collaboration with the University of East Anglia and Birmingham City University have been awarded funds to appoint two Research Assistants to investigate this area through the UKRI’s Covid Response Call and via the Arts and Humanities Research Council.

Knowledge and experience of research related to gender and sexuality in a digital context is essential for this project. Additional knowledge and experience of digital methods, survey methods, or large scale qualitative data analysis is desirable although some training will be available.

For an informal discussion about the roles please contact Professor Ben Light at (B.Light /at/ salford.ac.uk).

The post is working with myself at the University of Salford, John Mercer at BCU and Jamie Hakim, UEA.

You can find full details here: https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTg3NDgwNCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05MTkmb3duZXI9NTAzNjMyOCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnZhY3R5cGU9MTI1MCZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MjI0