Archive for February 2021

[Commlist] 90 new titles from the BFI, on Screen Studies

Thu Feb 18 03:40:46 GMT 2021

Bloomsbury Digital Resources are pleased to announce the addition of *49 new titles* to our *BFI Film Classics *collection, and *41 new titles* to our *BFI Film Studies *collection, both available on *Screen Studies <https://www.screenstudies.com/>*.

*BFI Film Classics* <https://www.screenstudies.com/bfi-film-classics-collection>*:***

This collection comprises titles from the award-winning *BFI Film Classics* series which introduces, interprets, and celebrates landmarks of world cinema from the silent era to the 21st century. Each title offers a sophisticated but accessible argument for the film's 'classic' status, together with discussion of its production and reception history, its place within a genre or national cinema, an account of its technical and aesthetic importance, and in many cases, the author's personal response to the film.

This update includes titles such as:

  * /The Big Lebowski/
  * /Double Indemnity/
  * /Easy Rider/
  * /Fear Eats the Soul/
  * /Nosferatu/
  * /The Manchurian Candidate/
  * /The Seventh Seal/
  * /La Grande Illusion/

You can download a list of the new BFI Classics titles here <https://media.bloomsbury.com/rep/files/bfi-film-classics-2021-annual-update-title-list.pdf>.//

//

*BFI Film Studies* <https://www.screenstudies.com/bfi-film-studies-collection>*:*

*This collection***brings together a rich body of titles from BFI Publishing’s pre-eminent and foundational list of books on film history, theory, national cinemas, genres, film-makers, and stars. This update features:

·*BFI Screen Guides* titles such as /100 Documentary Films/, /100 Westerns/, /100 Bollywood Films/, /100 Anime/, /100 Cult Films/ and many more.

·*Film Stars* titles: /Deborah Kerr/ and /Tony Leung Chiu-Wai/

·*World Directors* titles: /Kitano Takeshi/ and /Yash Chopra/

·12 volumes of the *Griffith Project*, a comprehensive reference guide to the films of D.W. Griffith

/·/and many more including /European Film Industries/, /Film Marketing into the Twenty-First Century/, /London in Cinema/ and /Film and the End of Empire///

//

You can download a list of the new BFI Classics titles here <https://media.bloomsbury.com/rep/files/bfi-film-studies-2021-annual-update-title-list.pdf>.

30-day institutional trials are available for free on request via our sales teams.

We are also currently offering flexible short-term subscriptions to all our collections to support research and study during this challenging time. To find out more about this or to arrange a free trial of the Screen Studies platform please ask your librarian to contact us:

Americas: (OnlineSalesUS /at/ bloomsbury.com) <mailto:(OnlineSalesUS /at/ bloomsbury.com)?subject=Drama%20Online%20subscription%20enquiry> UK and Rest of World: (OnlineSalesUK /at/ bloomsbury.com) <mailto:(OnlineSalesUK /at/ bloomsbury.com)?subject=Drama%20Online%20subscription%20enquiry> Australia and New Zealand: (OnlineSalesANZ /at/ bloomsbury.com) <mailto:(OnlineSalesANZ /at/ bloomsbury.com)?subject=Drama%20Online%20subscription%20enquiry>

<mailto:(OnlineSalesANZ /at/ bloomsbury.com)?subject=Drama%20Online%20subscription%20enquiry>

or you can email me directly ((charlotte.unsworth /at/ bloomsbury.com) <mailto:(charlotte.unsworth /at/ bloomsbury.com)>) if you have any questions.